• New Music from Don Stiernberg - Good Numbers

New Music from Don Stiernberg - Good Numbers

Evanston, Ill.
    — Perennial jazz mandolin favorite Don Stiernberg is back with a spectacular new release that includes jazz standards and original compositions, entitled Good Numbers.

On the collection Stiernberg is backed up by two of Chicago's finest: Jim Cox on acoustic bass and Andy Brown on Guitar.

The Mayor of Swingville

Don Stiernberg Trio performs "The Mayor of Swingville" from Good Numbers.

Selections

• There Will Never Be Another You
    • Haven't We Met
    • Just Friends
    • Something Special
    • Just One of Those Things
    • I Thought About You
    • Laverne Walk
    • Invitation
    • Come Rain or Come Shine
    • The Mayor of Swingville

Additional information

Comments 5 Comments
      mandolinfox -
      I picked up a copy at Mandolin Camp North, where I was lucky enough to take a class from Don. I listened to it all the way home. We all know Don as a Jethro Burns protege, but he plays electric mandolin on a couple of cuts, and Don shows that he has studied Tiny Moore as well. Highly recommended.
      Gary Leonard -
      Walked down to the guitar shop where Don frequents, and snagged the last copy of this CD. halfway through track 2, and enjoying the great sounds. Kudos to the production by Don and Steve Rashid, the recording and mastering by Steve, and of course to the superb playing by Don, Andy Brown and Jim Cox.
      cayuga red -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gary Leonard View Post
      Walked down to the guitar shop where Don frequents, and snagged the last copy of this CD. halfway through track 2, and enjoying the great sounds. Kudos to the production by Don and Steve Rashid, the recording and mastering by Steve, and of course to the superb playing by Don, Andy Brown and Jim Cox.
      Simply superb!
      Don Grieser -
      Don's looking and sounding great, and so are the Cubs!
      Gravensteinrhonda -
      I also have had a listen or three, agree that this is a fine album. It has a good choice of tunes (with interesting histories), well played by this tight trio, well produced. As mentioned earlier, Don does tasty e-mando playing on some of the tunes. Why do chromatic licks sound even cooler on an e-mando?