Mass Street Music •
Denver Folklore Center •
Peghead Nation •
Kentucky Mandolins •
Morgan Music • Collings • Eastman • Strings and Beyond • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com
For over 50 years, working from his home workshop in Polk, PA., Lou Stiver has been crafting some of the very best, small shop mandolins available anywhere and here's one of them. This one-owner mandolin is in excellent condition, with no significant bumps, dings, scratches or defects of any kind..... no previous repairs made and none needed at the present. The condition and cosmetics here are about as good as it gets in a pre-owned mandolin.
In addition to cleaning and polishing this mandolin's lacquer finish, we've made a few hardware "upgrades" and treated the mandolin to a new professional set-up. These are the details:
*New "Old Stock" Schaller Nickel Tuners with "Custom" Black Buttons
*New Bill James Nickel Tailpiece.... Engraved with the "Stiver" Logo
*New Cumberland Acoustic Loar-style Adjustable Ebony Bridge
*"Scooped" Fretboard Extension
*New 1&1/8" Pearl Nut
*New "Modern-sized" EVO Frets (Jescar #43080)
*Flat Fretboard Planed and Refinished.
As you can see, there's plenty of fancy Sugar Maple used in the mandolin's two-piece back, sides and neck. The mandolin's top is made of Adirondack Red Spruce. The wood is finished in a leathery brown sunburst and topped with nitrocellulose lacquer. The headstock wears the familiar "Stiver" logo and a modified "Fern" inlay, both made of fancy abalone.
This is a mature, played-in mandolin with a big sound. Tone, sustain, an awesome chop and spot-on intonation are all abundantly present. It's an easy-to-play mandolin with all the hardware upgrades and the new, professional set-up. This is a powerful mandolin in top condition and will make someone very happy for many years. How often do you see a Stiver this nice, in this condition and with all the "must have" upgrades?
Comes with an oblong, TKL-like, hard case and free delivery in the CONUS..... PRICED AT $5,100.00 TOTAL/DELIVERED. More photos are available for those individuals with a serious interest.
Ad Number 179480
Posted: Nov 24, 2021 02:48 PM CDT
Shepherdsville KY 40165
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 1166
Prior replies by this individual: 226
Other recent ads placed
• Calton Bronze Metallic w/Vintage Green And Free Delivery
• Calton Gray "Splatter" w/Burgundy Lining And Free Delivery
• Calton Brown Granite w/Vintage Green Lining & Free Delivery
• Hoffee Deluxe Forest Green w/Gold Lining And 3M Thinsulate
• Hoffee White "Splatter" w/Dark Red Lining & 3M Thinsulate
• Hoffee Deluxe Black Carbon w/Gold Lining & Free Delivery
• Hoffee Silver Gray w/Royal Purple Lining & 3M Thinsulate
• Hoffee Deluxe Brown w/Vintage Green Lining & 3M Thinsulate
• Calton Gunmetal Metallic w/Burgundy Lining & Free Delivery
• Hoffee Kevlar Twill w/Vintage Green Lining & 3M Thinsulate
• Calton Red "Splatter" w/Blue Lining And Free Delivery
• 1983 Flatiron A5-1, Bozeman Built, Steve Carlson Signed
• Calton Burgundy Granite w/Burgundy Lining & Free Delivery
• Calton Fool's Gold Metallic w/Black Lining And Free Delivery
• 2007 Austin Clark F5 With Upgrades And Free Delivery