The Acoustic Shoppe •
Mass Street Music •
Denver Folklore Center •
Peghead Nation •
Kentucky Mandolins •
Elderly • Crossrock Cases
Retrofret • Morgan Music • Collings • Eastman • Strings and Beyond • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com
The Kentucky KM-270 is based on the arched top, oval-soundhole mandolins that Gibson made in the early part of the 20th century. These mandolins have a warm, bubbly tone that works well for jazz, Celtic and blues or just about any style of music that isn’t bluegrass. (Bluegrass mandolins require the punch and power that only an F-hole mandolin can give you.) Like the mandolins that inspired it, the Kentucky KM-270 has a hand-carved and graduated solid spruce top. Unlike most of those mandolins, which had birch back and sides, this mandolin has a carved maple back which produces a sweet, mellow tone. Includes a padded gig bag.
Top material Solid German Spruce
Back sides Solid Alpine Maple
Fingerboard Radiused Santos Rosewood
Neck material One-Piece Alpine Maple
Frets to body 14
Total frets 22
Scale length 13 7/8"
Finish High-gloss Traditional Sunburst
Nut width 1 1/8"
Inlay M-O-P Dots
Tuners High-quality tuning machines with white buttons
Case type Gig Bag
Serial number 23054711
The Gryphon Advantage: This instrument has been personally setup by a member of our repair staff. Gryphon’s sustained commitment to quality ensures that no instrument not at optimal playing condition is sold. This comes with a lifetime discount on future repair and customizations.
* * * * * * * *
Acoustic guitars, mandolins, and banjos are still the mainstays at Gryphon, as they have been for over 45 years, though our inventory of steel guitars and ukuleles continues to grow as well. In recent years an important part of our growth has been in instruments by very small companies and individual makers, as we continue to keep one foot, or at least several toes, outside the mainstream music industry.
Ad Number 214076
Posted: Feb 11, 2024 12:33 PM CDT
Gryphon Stringed Instruments
211 Lambert Ave.
Palo Alto CA 94306
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 1911
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other recent ads placed
• 2001 Deering Calico 5-String Resonator Banjo Used
• Kentucky KM-606 Standard Mandolin - New
• Kentucky KM-855 Amberburst Mandolin - New
• 1918 Vega Style K Mandolin Banjo Used
• 1924 Vega Tubaphone Style M Tenor Banjo Used
• 1967 Epiphone Tenor Banjo Used
• 2004 Weber Fern F-5 Mandolin
• Vega White Oak 12" 5-String Banjo - New
• Gold Star GF-100Hf Hearts & Flower 5-String Banjo
• Deering Goodtime Special Deco 5-String Resonator Banjo New
• KR Strings Mandolindo Scholar Mandolin New
• Northfield Mandolins NFS-F5WN S-Series Wide Nut Mandolin
• Northfield Mandolins A5 Special NFmsp-A5 Mandolin - New
• Kentucky KM-505 Mandolin New
• Pisgah Banjo Woodchuck 12", Ash Neck, Srt Scale New