Mandolin Cafe Front Page Archive
If you missed something from the Mandolin Cafe front page you'll find it here. Since some of the information we link to is external please understand that as these links go bad they will be removed.
Previous year: 2022
- Now available in print from Mel Bay Publications, Inc.: The Complete Mandolinist Volume 3, by Marilynn Mair.
- Common Ground's Mandolins on the Hill Registration Opens.
- Mandolin Mondays: Icelandic mandolinist Guðmundur Atli Pétursson of the band Brek plays an original composition on his 2010 Andrew Mowry mandolin.
- New music by Bryce Rabideau on the Cafe MP3 page.
- New music being released May 19, a brilliant collection of original compositions: Meanwhile, by Bryce Rabideau.
- Mandolin Mondays: Andy Leftwich and his Gilchrist mandolin share an original tune called "Kimper County" from his brand new solo album.
- New music from Acoustic Disc now available as a download: We Love Django!, featuring a wide variety of artists from the label.
- New from Mel Bay Publications, Inc. The Complete Mandolinist Volume 3, by Marilynn Mair. Purchase from Mel Bay Publications, Inc.
- Coming soon in print, the coffee table styled book many of us have waited for: The Life and Work of Lloyd Allayre Loar, by Roger Siminoff.
- See the prototype of the first Bourgeois M5F (not for sale) reviewed by the owners of the Acoustic Shoppe.
- Sad to learn of the passing of mandolin family builder Bill Bussman, a kind and gentle soul who will be sorely missed by family and friends. Rest in peace.
- Mandolin Mondays: returning this week is the incredible Emory Lester playing an original tune on his Heiden Heritage Model.
- Tom Isenhour to Present "The Mandolins Of Bill Monroe" at the 8th Annual Alan Bibey Camp in Surfside Beach, South Carlina.
- Just announced: Denver Folklore Center welcomes the new owner, current employee Ian Dehmel.
- Continuing her excellent blogging on all things Choro, Elisa Meyer Ferreira weighs in with A History of The Birth of Choro.
- New music by Thomas Townsley on the Cafe MP3 page.
- Mandolin Mondays: UK mandolinist Abbey Thomas of the band Blue Lass plays a beautiful original on her Capek F5 mandolin.
- This week's guest on the Mandolins and Beer podcast is Drew Emmitt.
- The newest episode of Tony Williamson's Lloyd Loar Blog just out: The Capitol Idea.
- Now available in print, the new Mandocello book released last week by Mel Bay Publications, Inc.
- Mandolin Mondays: classical mandolinist Charlotte Kaiser from Saarbrücken, Germany plays a stuning performance of the Jiro Nakano Fantasia no.2 Op.43.
- Luthier Scott Liebers from Minnesota has an original tune called "Sawdust in the Frying Pan" on his very first octave mandolin build.
- Save big now by enrolling in Matt Flinner's virtual courses that start late March: details here.
- Mandolins and Beer Episode #171 guest this week is Petri Hakala.
- No surprise here, from the diminishing Gibson: F-9 discontinued according the The Mandolin Store, their largest retailer.
- A lovely and informative article, the first of many is the plan, from Elisa Meyer Ferreira: Jacob do Bandolim's Love at First Sight.
- Just announced: Choro Camp New England slated for June 26 - July 2 in Northampton, Mass.
- Mandolin Mondays: Caleb Edwards plays and sings the Elizabeth Cotton classic "Freight Train" with his 2017 Northfield Big Mon Mandolin.
- Fondly remembered by Acoustic Guitar Magazine, this remembrance of Dix Bruce who passed away recently.
- Mandolins and Beer Episode #170 guest this week is Ashby Frank.
- Back with a brand new posting for 2023, Tony Williamson's Lloyd Loar Blog: Episode 1: "The Most Momentous Development"
- Acoustic Disc announces their newest release: Eastern Grass, by Radim Zenkl and Ondra Kozák.
- Mandolin Mondays: Mile Twelve mandolinist Korey Brodsky has a jazz classic for us on his J. Brentrup mandolin.
- New music from the new album by Radim Zenkl and Ondra Kozák on the Cafe MP3 page.
- Just announced: a second music of Turlough O'Carolan workshop by Simon Mayor. Identical workshop a month later than the first.
- Now available in DVD format: John Monteleone: The Chisels Are Calling.
- Rest in peace: acoustic music great Dix Bruce has passed.
- Just announced: Registration opens for the 10th Annual Monroe Mandolin Camp. Includes welcome video by Mike Compton.
- New music coming from Ethan Setiawan in late March, a release of all original titles: Gambit.
- New music from The Tenderbellies on the Cafe MP3 page.
- New music on the Cafe MP3 page from the upcoming new Ethan Setiawan recording.
- Mandolin Mondays: Thomas Cassell is with us playing an original tune on his beautiful new Duff F5 mandolin.
- New music from Simon Linsteadt's new album on the Cafe MP3 page.
- This week's Mandolins and Beer Podcast guest is Korey Brodsky.
- New music by Simon Linsteadt from his new album on the Cafe MP3 page.
- From Mandolin Cafe News: Carlo Aonzo's 21st Annual Milwaukee Mandolin Workshop Announced.
- Happy to see this event back after a hiatus due to the pandemic: 2023 San Diego Classical Mandolin Camp, August 14-19.
Special thanks to the Mandolin Cafe's primary business partners.