PDA

View Full Version : New Shop

barry k
Jun-22-2012, 8:43pm
We are still in the process of moving, about 15 miles south of where I was located , back in Savannah now.! Figured I would post some pics of the new shop(s) . The bigger one is 40 x 30 , next to it is 15x15 and then my portable building which is my spray booth. I will post pics of the inside after I get somewhat organized. The bigger building i will use for my dirty work ( sawdust and such) and the smaller room will be my repair and assembly shop. The smaller one will be much more inexpensive to cool... The new house is bigger also , hopefully this will be the last move for me. Tough on the old back ! 8827788278882798828088281

mandomedic
Jun-22-2012, 9:05pm
Looks like a great place to work. I've moved a shop or two and what job.. Good luck to you. Kenc

jim simpson
Jun-22-2012, 10:10pm
Nice Barry, good luck with your new location. We'll expect some interior shots when you're settled.

Stephen Perry
Jun-22-2012, 11:01pm
Looks good. I'm rebuilding my 1955 outbuilding for a shop - it's small, but very robust. Studs up rebuild - metal roof already on!

I must say, putting up new buildings like yours is starting to look a great deal easier!!

Congrats.

Brett Byers
Jun-22-2012, 11:02pm
Looks like it'll be a great setup Barry. I sure miss Savannah. I spent a lot of time there during the summer when I was growing up. My aunt and uncle still live in Savannah. Some of my fondest memories involve running around Tybee Island trying to stay out of trouble. Looking forward to seeing the shop when you're done moving.

Ivan Kelsall
Jun-24-2012, 2:58am
It looks as though you've got a nice new place to work Barry - enjoy it. Quote -"Tough on the old back ".Take it easy. Chronic back pain is something you DO NOT want - it can really spoil your day/week /month year/ life !!!,:(
Ivan;)

barry k
Jun-24-2012, 10:56am
Yes Ivan, too late for smart advise....my back has been trashed for years. I have an electronic implant in my spine to help deter some of the pain. Thanks for all the nice comments...we will be doing some more set up today, will post more pics when complete?...if it ever gets complete...BK