View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Mandolin tab for Da Slockit Light

Here is a .tef file of the tab and a .pdf hard copy if you do not have the tab reader.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Das Slockit Light_mandolin_D .pdf  
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  2. Das Slockit Light -- mandolin tab

Here is a TablEdit file (.tef) created from a midi file of the tune.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Das Slockit Light_mandolin_D .pdf  
  3. Mandatory Mandolin Music Review: Andrew Collins, Little Widgets

This the first in a series inspired by this post, about how learning the mandolin can be complicated by learning "mandolin music" (a topic that has come up again recently in the forums). When I first started playing a more experienced player made available to me 50 CDs of what he considered the best recordings of the mandolin. I wish to pay this forward by providing my personal favourites from these and more recently released music. And away we go...

-----
    I was back ...

Updated Feb-23-2011 at 12:43pm by jasona

Categories
    Reviews
  4. MAS has finally struck

After years and years with my Ratcliff. More later.

No, its not a Red Diamond

Updated Feb-22-2011 at 11:11pm by jasona

Categories
    Miscellaneous ramblings
  5. Weber Yellowstone A Octave Mandolin

Mark came to the visit the shop and Bruce sat him down with this instrument. We don't often get to watch the progression from casual interest, to fondness, to love (we have heard since he is exhibiting the obsession of a new love, too- forsaking his other instruments and playing this one continuously)
    D-hole, 20 inch scale
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Good deal on a Gallatin A mandolin

Michael, MacNichol Guitars in SLC Utah, has a great deal on a Festival Gallatin A (full warranty)- see the video here
    Tags: gallatin, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Mandolin Music for Renaissance Faires

Looking for something new? Allan sent me an email that he has added the guitar parts to his popular 'Mandolin Music at Renaissance Faires' Collection of notation and Tab.
    Tags: music, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. New Year's Eve and a Bodhran

I had accepted an invitation to play mandolin and join in the fun at the monthly Contra Dance in Sonora at Aronos Hall, so I felt obligated to go. Still I could not find a way out of the doldrums. Nothing seemed worth doing except sitting in my apartment with my cat and a movie...

Continue reading...
    Tags: celtic, old time
    Categories
    Acoustic Adventures
  9. Weber Abalone and MOP Purfling

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Weber View Post
    Daryl- I don't want to clog up threads and mostly post on my blog. If you want updates please become a friend.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Weber Abalone and MOP Purfling

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Weber View Post
    What a great thing to read on Monday morning! We would love to get some pics and a bio (even video : ) for our website so we can meet you guys. Do you all have different models/years, and I am curious what your father-in-law is looking at.
    Marty is a good guy. I am planning some short videos with Bruce going over setup/truss rod adjustment, etc. if I can get him to stand still long enough.
    As for the shell purfling...I was thinking I should have mentioned that the good thing about
    Categories
    Uncategorized