View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. One more

This second one is a cover of Vulfpeck's Lonely Town.

2. A couple new mandolin solo things.

I've been trying to learn how to play upright bass a bit. My technique needs a lot of work but I just finished up working on these two mandolin/clarinet/guitar heavy arrangements.

This first one is a cover from a Larry Goldings record that I wanted to learn the hammond organ for. My good friend John Posey plays a wonderful guitar solo on this one.

3. Mandolin Mondays #237 w/ Special Guest Jacob Matthess

UK mandolinist and master illustrator Jacob Matthess joins us this week on Mandolin Mondays for an impressive take on Andy Irvine with this Irish medley played on Jacob's powerful Krishot F5 Fern built by Eduard Kristufek in 2002.

Jacob grew up in Northern Ireland and the States, but now lives in Glasgow, Scotland while finishing his university degree. He is not only an incredible musician but has become ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #236 w/ Special Guest Zachary Alvis

Mandolinist with bluegrass gospel group Chosen Road, Zachary Alvis joins us on Mandolin Mondays this week for a classic fiddle tune played on his sweet Aleyas LF-5 built by Lee Chapman.

Zach is a founding member of the band Chosen Road which has been going strong for the past 10 years. Recently, they were nominated for IMEA’s “Album of the Year” and “Gospel Band of the Year” and were also on the ballot ...
  5. We Are Moving!

Just a note to let you know the shop is now shutdown until September, when we're set up at our new place. The exception are our used MAC instruments will still be available (have one you won't want to miss coming up soon).
    We'll miss the old school, but it's a bit big for us now, and we retain all of the memories of luthiers, players, vendors, dealers, and mandolins.

So schedule your Mando's trip to 'The Mando Spa', as several of our players have taken to calling it, in the ...

Updated Jul-12-2020 at 4:28pm by Mary Weber

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow over Shop.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	545.5 KB 
ID:	187272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0822.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	460.3 KB 
ID:	187273  
  6. Mandolin Mondays #235 w/ Special Guest Spencer Strickland

Master guitar and mandolin luthier Spencer Strickland shows off his playing chops for us this week on Mandolin Mondays with a couple spins on "Around the Horn" with his Gerald Anderson F5 mandolin.

Spencer Strickland grew up in Lambsburg, VA, and started playing mandolin at the age of ten.
    Since then, Spencer has gone on to win prestigious awards such as 1st place mandolin at the 2004 ...
  7. Mason Mandolin

Has anyone heard and could give me some info on a Mason mandolin built by R. Mason in Norwich Ohio 1978. #2. Serial. 78002. Model F5. Master copy by Gibson supposedly only 3 made and I have #2. Could anyone help me info ,,value etc. Thanks Ronnie
  8. Mandolin Mondays #234 w/ Special Guest Evan Davies

Mandolin player of British Bluegrass band The Often Herd, Evan Davies joins us this week on Mandolin Mondays for a modern take on this old time tune played on his Lebeda F5 Standard.

Evan is a Yorkshire-based musician known for his proficiency on the mandolin, guitar and fiddle, and for his soulful singing and songwriting. He has toured around the UK and Europe and played at festivals including Edinburgh ...
  9. Mandolin Mondays #233 w/ Special Guest Nick Chandler

Nick Chandler of NC bluegrass band Nick Chandler and Delivered, stops by Mandolin Mondays this week to play this original tune on his Carl Spann Mandolin.

Nick Chandler and Delivered is a hard driving traditional bluegrass band from Western North Carolina. After many successful years focusing on Gospel music, Nick has released a long awaited bluegrass album, Groceries, Gas and Used Cars, and he is getting ...
  10. Help Identifying value for my mystery Mandolin

So I recently came in possession of a very ornate mandolin. It looks 1930 Italian ish. It has no brand, name, title of year it was made. I just want to know if it’s valuable. Thanks
    A lot for y’all help!