View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Mandolin Mondays #312 /// "New Years Day"

Happy New Years to all of you Mandolin Friends! To close out year 6 of Mandolin Mondays here's a really cool Irish jig from Alan Kelly appropriately named "New Years Day."

Also, I'd like to dedicate this video the great David Surette. David was one of my favorite mandolinists to play Irish jigs with, and just one of my favorite mandolinists to hang out with in general. He will be sorely missed. You can listen to ...
  2. Mandolin Mondays #311 w/ Special Guest Phil Kramer

This week on Mandolin Mondays we have the bluegrass social media sensation Phil Kramer with us to play this original tune "Braiding the Wind" on his Bobby Osborne Signature Model Mandolin.

Originally From Cheyenne, Wyoming, Phil Kramer is a Multi-instrumentalist living In Boulder City, Nevada. While studying classical violin and jazz bass at the University of Northern Colorado, Phil was a recurring face in the freelance ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Reed Stutz

This week on Mandolin Mondays we've got the great Reed Stutz with us to play the "Laurel Mountain Breakdown" on his 1927 Gibson F5.

Reed Stutz is a Durham, North Carolina based mandolin player, singer, and multi-instrumentalist. He plays in a trio with Alice Gerrard & Tatiana Hargreaves, among other groups, and his playing and singing can be heard all over Bella White’s album “Just Like Leaving” on Rounder Records. ...
  4. Help! Need to know about a 1954 Mandolin

I have had an original GIBSON mandolin in the original case in my family forever however due to my handicap I can no longer play anymore but I would like to know what type it is? If it’s an A40 ,A1 I mean it’s absolutely beautiful and just had new strings put on and fine tuned! The seriel number is X 9542 1.2????
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mandolin Mondays #309 w/ Special Guest Sam Powers

This week on Mandolin Mondays we have Berklee College of Music student Sam Powers with us to play a beautiful rendition of the "Ookpik Waltz" played on his Kimble A style mandolin.

Sam is a New England based mandolin and guitar player currently finishing up his degree at Berklee. He plays and records with the band called Bad Oats, and Sam also teaches private lessons.

Be sure to connect with Sam ...