View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Weber Winner's (Paul's) Peghead Video

Pictures finally coming through here
    Just a fun little video of Bruce working on the peghead:

Updated Jun-10-2011 at 1:40pm by Mary Weber (try to embed video)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tutorial: How to Subscribe to Mandolin Cafe MP3 Podcast

EDIT: Since posting this a few years ago we've also added a video tutorial on how to subscribe to the podcast which some of you might find easier.

We're going to show you how to add the Mandolin Cafe MP3 podcast to your iTunes software in 5 easy steps in this brief web tutorial. This is not difficult so if you're gun shy about working with a little bit of technology, read on.

The MP3 podcast is a collection of most of the free tunes available on our MP3 page. We currently ...

Updated Sep-13-2015 at 8:30pm by Scott Tichenor

Tags: mp3 podcast
    Categories
    Mandolin Cafe Site Information
  3. We Want to Meet You

Send in YOUR bio and/or video of you and your Weber and we'll post it on our website Players Page. People love these things and really read them when trying to decide on the right instrument to invest in. The videos are viewed around 1700 times per month, too. As a bonus, we get to see where they find a home. You can do it yourself at the link above, or email it straight to the shop and we'll put it up for you. Thanks!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What do you Carry in your Mandolin Case?

It's always fun to see how our instruments are maturing when they come home to the shop for custom work or add ons. What is even more fun is to see what players carry around in their cases. We've found sand, leaves, a wide assortment of bugs, enough dog hair to weave a medium sized rug, and pine cones. A lot of time we find play lists and pictures, sometimes love notes and even a dear John letter once. My favorites though are the Gecko droppings that were not only in the case but in the mando ...
    Tags: mandolins, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Please send us your music!

We just got a new phone system in which we can play music while people are on Hold (Yay!) However the canned music that came with it is horrible, and Bruce had the idea of asking people to send in a clip of their music, while playing their Weber.

Our callers will thank you for saving them from elevator music, or the deep silence of being left alone on Hold. We may be the only ones to ever actually put ourselves on Hold just to hear it.

Here's the deal:

Tags: musicians, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Our Visit to Piccolo's Music, Helena MT.

Bruce and I took a little road trip this morning, and stopped in at Piccolos. John has EVERYTHING there from Coda Bows, sheet music, percussion to Webers. He has a Gallatin F mando with a beautiful, subtle burst and a Yellowstone F mando with an Engelman top and one-piece back. He says the Yellowstone is one of the best he's heard, and he should know as a member of the Montana Mandolin Society..check them outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	72067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	329.0 KB 
ID:	72068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	72069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	72070. ...
    Tags: mandolins, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Sierra Hull's new Weber Fern Octave

She just got it last Friday, and HERE is the link to her picture and comment on FaceBook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	71968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	71969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg 
Views:	710 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	71970[/URL]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Mel Bay Instant Access Mandolin Lessons

Mel Bay has entered the Instant Access Download market for lessons. This is welcome news for mandolin players (and those of you that play guitar, banjo, fiddle, dobro, bass, uke, you name it). What's more, for those of you who have been using the Mandolin Cafe's Instant Access Software for lessons there's even better news: Mel Bay's catalog awaits you the next time you launch your Instant Access software.

inline image

For starters, ...

Updated May-05-2011 at 9:05am by Scott Tichenor

Categories
    Mandolin Cafe Site Information
  9. Great Music

Mike Terry, of Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers, has a new mandolin on the way as he has joined forces with Weber Mandolins as their newest endorsee. "I am excited to be an endorsee for Weber," states Mike. "I love the big woody tone and the fact they are all American handmade instruments. Thanks to Bruce Weber, for his friendly, professional knowledge on building a mandolin that's right for me."
    Tags: mandolin, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Design A Weber - My design (very LONG VERSION)

Quote Originally Posted by merlopj View Post
    Hi everybody, I'd like to update you all about the mandolin that Bruce and the good people at Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments are going to build for me. I tell ya, everybody 'thinks' they know what their dream instrument is, but it takes some real focus when you could literally have anything you want. Those second guesses just kept coming and coming...

So, I'm getting a Weber Custom Vintage A (oval hole) mandolin just like I wanted. I had a great conversation with Bruce on the
    Tags: design, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized