View RSS Feed

Montana Lutherie

Mando 118 Years Old

Rate this Entry
Here's a nice (and interesting) letter we received from a repair.
Mandos can sure get around:

My Grandfather Peter E Anderson was listed on the 1900 census as living in an apartment in Kentucky with three other LDS missionaries. Before he left the mission field to come home, he bought his wife Clara a mandolin. My father gave the mandolin to Pamela when we were newlyweds because she was the only member of the extended family that owned and played a mandolin.
Several years ago the gears on the tuners started to crack from age and poor design. I bought similar instruments for parts only to find they had the same problem. Modern tuners have different spacing so they were not compatible.
Bruce Weber at Montana Lutherie saved the day and the mandolin. He took the old tuners out, filled the holes, put new veneer on the headstock, and installed new tuners designed to look like the originals. 118 years old and it is looking and playing great! I think Grandpa would be pleased.
All the best,
C
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3060b.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	168608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3061b.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	168609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3063b.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	168610

Submit "Mando 118 Years Old" to Facebook Submit "Mando 118 Years Old" to Yahoo Submit "Mando 118 Years Old" to Google