View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Finally Available

Just a note to let you know Bruce is building parts again. Whew! That move got more and more involved. Involved times, right?

Some may ask what kind of parts...
    Original Traditional Bridge, pickguards, armrests, harmonic suppressors, truss rod covers...
    Got something weird in mind? Go to our website to check them out, or to get contact info.

Of course he is continuing repair and customization, as usual.

Thanks for your patience!!
  2. We Are Moving!

Just a note to let you know the shop is now shutdown until September, when we're set up at our new place. The exception are our used MAC instruments will still be available (have one you won't want to miss coming up soon).
    We'll miss the old school, but it's a bit big for us now, and we retain all of the memories of luthiers, players, vendors, dealers, and mandolins.

So schedule your Mando's trip to 'The Mando Spa', as several of our players have taken to calling it, in the ...

Updated Jul-12-2020 at 4:28pm by Mary Weber

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow over Shop.jpg 
Views:	624 
Size:	545.5 KB 
ID:	187272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0822.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	460.3 KB 
ID:	187273  
  3. Another Custom Ranger Travel Mandolin

Thought I'd post this one. Bruce has been getting several inlay requests lately, not only on Rangers but armrests and truss rod covers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3122sm.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	178777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3126sm.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	753.2 KB 
ID:	178778
  4. Info on Your Mandolin

We recently discovered a players can no longer obtain information on Weber instruments built prior to 2013 from the Weber company. Mary and I would be happy to help with any questions or concerns you have on instruments built before 2016. Also information on any Flatiron instruments prior to 1997 and Montana built Gibson mandolins. You can contact us through our Montana Lutherie web site, here on Mandolin cafe, or give me a call directly at 406-580-6053.

Also-from Mary: Here ...
  5. Cured Unwanted Ringing and Buzzing

Name:	CstmHSuppressorSM.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	419.8 KB 
ID:	165311
    Ludwick, Mandolinist of A2ZZ Band writes:
    Bruce did an amazing job on my harmonic suppressor! Not only did it cure unwanted ringing and buzzing, but totally added fashion to function by inlaying my signature in Abalone."

Thanks, Z.Z.!!
  6. Flatiron 1N Just Keeps Going

Right now Bruce is reconditioning an 1988 Flatiron 1N and it should give many, more years of playing-Good Bones.

Radiused the Fingerboard
    Refret
    Radiused Nut and Bridge Saddle
    Fix Seam Seperations on Back
    Cracked Top *not being refinished

Name:	1NSM2.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	320.3 KB 
ID:	164248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1nSM1.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	466.8 KB 
ID:	164249

I will be posting several used MAC Instruments in the Classifieds, and on our website, if you're interested.
  7. Buying and Selling Used Mandos

I don't usually post this often but we have a lot going on with the new website, or it could be today's eclipse...it got down to 66 degrees!

You may have noticed that we are introducing a new service called Mandolin Authority Certification, or MAC, for short.

You can send in your mandolin family instrument to be checked out, tuned up, and evaluated. Bruce has worked on many different brands of instruments and we welcome them all (not just for Webers in other words : ...
  8. New Website

Montana Lutherie's website went live- take a look when you get a chance:
    www.montanalutherie.com

Still have a few parts and accessories to add but the platform is there!
  9. I Love My Mandolin But...

No reason to not to love it completely...
    Many players who have sent their instrument in for tweaking, a refret, (or more) say they are so happy their irritant is taken care of. Contact Bruce and talk it over.

My 1990 Gibson A5-L has been with me since new, and for those 27 years I liked it (once it opened up, anyway), but never loved it. Until Bruce got ahold of it, that is.

The problem was the uncomfortably sharp V-profile of the neck. Other luthiers told me
  10. Flaming Patterns and Prototypes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast