View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Red Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap

Had quite a few requests for a red version of the ball cap in a post I made about new ball cap colors coming next week, and here it is. One note: red can be fussy on monitors and I'm not sure this is exactly the red tone captured in this image, and each monitor will see it differently. This is a bit bright I think. All I can add is I do like the way it turned out although the idea of it didn't grab me initially, but if the feedback is good on this may order some next time I restock.

2. 10 Things You Probably Don't Know About The Mandolin Cafe

... and may not care about after reading them all.

1. OK, first, let me get this off my chest. It's..

Mandolin Cafe
    not
    Mandolin Café

The acute accent at the end of Café might look good if you're a French restaurant, but this place is a diner. Customers here put their elbows on the table, belch, wear their ballcaps and wipe their hands on their jeans. Just like I do. Now, I like a fine 6-course, one-seating dinner where the menu is selected ...
  3. 11-20 - Things You Didn't Know About the Mandolin Cafe

Didn't lose you last time? Let's try harder. We had fun in a previous post presenting some tips and tricks to navigate this site more effectively, but let's get a little more involved.

11. Search the Mandolin Cafe from your browser's default search bar, from anywhere on the web.

Proof we wilfully engage in stupid web tricks.

Example: observe the screen shots of Microsoft's Internet Explorer and FireFox below, the two most widely used browsers on the ...

Updated Aug-06-2010 at 11:33am by Scott Tichenor

Categories
    Mandolin Cafe Site Information
  4. The Mandolin Cafe iPhone App

iPhone owner? There's a new way to connect to the Mandolin Cafe thanks to mandolin player and ace programmer Steve Smith who makes his home in Florida. Meet v1 of the Mandolin Cafe iPhone App, available for free from the Apple App Store, developed by Steve as his first steps into programming for the iPhone. We think he did a terrific job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone-large.jpg 
Views:	1249 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	63128

What's in it? For starters there's a mandolin chord finder, a simple hook into the MP3 of the Day, a search ...
  5. An iPhone, iPad, iTouch mini-tutorial

Here's some fun for fellow iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch owners. I recently implemented a series of Apple icons on the Cafe so that if and when you set a short-cut to a web site on your desktop (I'll show you how in a bit) you get an image of our choosing instead of the default screen shot of the web page (boring, too small! hiss...). I encouraged Dan and Ted to do this on the Mandolin Archive and JazzMando.com and here are the results below--you should see the icons for the three web sites contained ...
  6. Weber Serial Numbers/Dating

We had the question recently about dating a Weber/the serial number and I had a really hard time finding it, myself, in our website's FACTS section, so I moved front & center. If you've never been to the FACTS section take a look as there is lots of good info. Weclcom suggestions and we're slowly updating it too with inlay, binding (next), etc. pics
    http://www.soundtoearth.com/faq.php
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. I don't mean to cause any trouble, but...

Random thoughts on a Saturday. Now, I really don't mean to cause any trouble here, but...

--------

Curious why The Loar company didn't subscribe to a numbering system that identically matched the original Loars from the 20s. Seems that would have been in the spirit of some of their efforts to get under the skin of Gibson's owner. We think they missed a golden opportunity. #1 The Loar could have been #73987 (Monroe's box).

--------

Ever ...
  8. The Next Level

There has been some discussion about the progression of mandolin ownership. Starting on a beginners mandolin and upgrading to something better, but not too good lest we seem pretentious, and then upgrading from there to “the next level” as soon as we deserve it, and can afford it, and so on. And lots of fascinating discussion occurs regarding what make and model of mandolin is appropriate to each level in the continuum from embryo to awesome.

Then the question as to whether this continuum ...
    Tags: upgrade
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Good place to be on rainy/snowy spring day

Melodee Music, Leesburg VAClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ROOM-4.JPG 
Views:	814 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	69992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROOM-1.JPG 
Views:	759 
Size:	354.2 KB 
ID:	69993
    Tags: mandolin, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Sierra Hull's new Weber Fern Octave

She just got it last Friday, and HERE is the link to her picture and comment on FaceBook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	71968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	71969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg 
Views:	722 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	71970[/URL]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567829 ... LastLast