View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. First Black Ice Guitar (not a mando- but it's carved)

It was shipped to Acoustic Vibes, AZ.
    Tags: guitar, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHsmall.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	76977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necksmall.jpg 
Views:	635 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	76978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backsmall.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	76979  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullfrontsmall.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	76980  
  2. How to: making personal iTunes collections from free music

Like to create a great collection of MP3 music that you could take with you on your iPhone, iPod or other iTunes friendly device?

There's a lot of great music offered for free on the web in MP3 form, but the problem is most of it isn't organized or you have to navigate to a particular web site to listen to it. Examples: the MP3 of the Day from Acoustic Oasis, random MP3s posted by the Song-A-Week Social Group, and our own MP3 page.

The purpose of this tutorial is to ...

Updated Dec-22-2011 at 11:09am by Scott Tichenor

Categories
    General Mandolin Comments
  3. Weber Big Horn, 10 string, 27" Scale, Mandocello

Weber;985750]Can't wait for the sound clips! Here are some more pics.[/QUOTE]

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG 
Views:	716 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	78218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0010.JPG 
Views:	738 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	78219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0031.JPG 
Views:	666 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	78220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0032.JPG 
Views:	690 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	78221[QUOTE=Mary
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Interesting Instruments that have recently left us...

A Custom Yellowstone HT Mandolin, Custom Black Ice Mandolin, and Fern Guitar (legal! remember we can build them with octave, mandocello, or whatever tuning)

Name:	IMG_1085.jpg 
Views:	751 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	79373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1088.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	79374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture10.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	79375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture11.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	79376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture4.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	79377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture5.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	79378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture7.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	79379
    Tags: mandolin, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What Does The Declining Price of Recorded Music Mean?

That ever growing stack of CDs in your house, they turn into little furry woodland creatures at night when you sleep. It's true, because when you awake they've bred and multiplied, only with different names, different genres and different musical instruments. More than enough clutter to justify one of the most famous lines from the movie The Graduate: "plastics."

So we were happy to read that for the first time in history, sales of digital music downloads finally passed that of hard copy--CD, ...
  6. Luscious Octave Mandolin

I don't usually 'advertise' but I was recently on Spruce Tree Music's (WI) website and they have a wonderful collection of Webers. This one really stood out and I thought somebody might be interested.

Name:	weberyellaoct201.jpg 
Views:	4135 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	83160
    Weber Yellowstone A Octave Mandolin
    A-style octave mandolin, carved Sitka spruce top, carved maple back and sides, radiused fingerboard, traditional bridge, gloss finish, ivory binding around top, back, fingerboard and tapered headstock. Custom upgrades ...
    Tags: octave, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Satan Is Real

With an introduction by Kris Kristofferson, this book easily ranks as one of my favorite music biographies of all-time, and I've read many. Satan Is Real, The Ballad of the Louvin Brothers was written by Charlie Louvin with Benjamin Whitmer (Igniter press, published January 3, 2012 a year after Charlie's passing).

inline imageHere's a prescription for sanity: Friday night I turned off the computer and cracked open ...

Updated Sep-27-2020 at 3:01pm by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
    General Mandolin Comments
  8. New Section on Weber Website

Name:	IMG_1451.JPG 
Views:	803 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	85116
    **btw Bruce wanted to let everyone know he has a bit of this beautiful, bear claw spruce left...You may know we have an area on our website where we post the occasional Festival Instrument that we have in the shop. These instruments were sent out to festivals, or Dealer workshops, etc., usually just have play wear, and we sell them at a discount with a Recert. Warranty. We've enlarged this area to just be BUY NOW. Along with Fest. Inst. we will post finished ...

Updated Apr-16-2012 at 10:53am by Mary Weber

Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Miniature Orchestra

My Long Road To Mandolin

I wonder if I could have arrived here sooner; there were periods where I was working on related efforts, like folk guitar (60s) rock guitar (70s) bluegrass (80s) and so on. But I started musical life as a violin player. After hearing my amateur mother and friends play chamber music, I begged for lessons at age three, and was granted my wish the following year.

When I was older, my mother encouraged me to listen to and buy dance records so ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Selection Criteria

In a recent thread a member posted a complete personal 6 point criteria for the purchase of a new mandolin. I started to comment, and found my comments were more distracting than helpful, and that they really contributed nothing to the original poster's questions. But I had to write something about this, and that is what a blog is for.

The party line on how to go about buying something new, or any decision really, is to:

1 list your criteria

2 divide ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678930 ... LastLast