• Paul Glasse Accepting Students for Online Lessons

Paul Glasse, well known in the mandolin world for his widely acclaimed jazz-tinged recordings has announced he is offering online lessons via Skype.

Students will be accepted at all levels: beginner through advanced on acoustic or electric mandolin, mandola or tenor guitar.

Paul's work as recording artist, bandleader and sideman have included performances on The Tonight Show and multiple appearances on Austin City Limits. He as performed on stage or recorded with a diverse range of artists that include Lyle Lovett, Hal Ketchum, Shawn Colvin, Willie Nelson, Johnny Gimble, Jethro Burns, and many former members of The Texas Playboys.

His early years on the mandolin included first place wins in the 1989 Walnut Valley Festival mandolin contest and 1981 Buck White International Mandolin Championship.

Paul has taught private mandolin lessons for over 30 years including appearances at premier camps such as The Mandolin Symposium, Steve Kaufman's Acoustic Music Kamp, Augusta Heritage Festival, Acoustic Music Camp, Django In June, and many more.

Paul told us, "I've had requests for Skype lessons for years so some people are probably wondering, why now? My wife and I lived for years just outside of Austin in an area where the infrastructure for reliable connectivity didn't exist. We recently moved to a new home in an area that will finally allow me pursue online lessons. I'm really excited about prospect of meeting new people and sharing my love of the instrument."

Paul's rate is $80 per one hour lesson. Students interested in arranging lessons should get in touch with him through his web site Contact page.

Additional information

Comments 3 Comments
      Flattpicker -
      I had a couple of lessons with Paul some years back and found him to be an excellent teacher. If you're on the fence, go for it.
      bigskygirl -
      Paul taught at Kaufman Kamp this summer he's a very good teacher, super nice guy, and fabulous player.
      Rfrazier10 -
      I’m a student of Paul’s for 5+ years. He’s exceptional at listening to my playing and determining what’s needed to take me to the next level. My improvisational abilities have expanded greatly under his tutelage. A real Pro: as a player, teacher and person