• Festival of Mandolin Chamber Music Presents Jacob Reuven

The Festival of Mandolin Chamber Music Presents Jacob Reuven
    Bellows Falls, Vt. — The Festival of Mandolin Chamber Music, July 7-10, 2016 in Bellow Falls is pleased to present guest condutor Jacob Reuven, a brilliant mandolinist and conductor from Israel.

Reuven is a founding member of the Kerman Mandolin Quartet, and director of Israel’s Beer-Sheva Conservatory, the nucleus of Israel's burgeoning classical mandolin scene.

Led by August Watters, a Boston area teacher and composer, FMCM is a semiannual festival designed for the classical mandolin community and for concertgoers interested in classical chamber music.

The purpose of the festival is to create learning and performance opportunities for those interested in chamber music composed for mandolin and its related instruments (as well as classical guitar).

Participants will rehearse in preparation for a concert on Sunday, July 10 at 3 p.m. and will have extensive opportunities to study, rehearse and perform with Jacob Reuven.

FMCM founder August Watters will also be on hand to share conducting and teaching duties. Join us for four non-stop days of mandolin ensemble music!

The Festival of Mandolin Chamber Music is accessible from the Amtrak Vermonter train line from New York.

Additional information

Comments 5 Comments
      JeffD -
      I will be there!! Will I see any of you there?
      DavidKOS -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post

I certainly wish I could make it. but it's not possible with my schedule and location.
      Bob Clark -
      I wish I could make it too, but it is just not possible. Please let us know how it goes. My guess is, it will be an amazing event.
      JeffD -
      I received the music I am to work on. I played through it and it is not crazy difficult, though some of it is pretty challenging. Tonight and into the weekend I will try and find performances of this stuff on line I can listen to and get the rhythm into my head.

This will be my very first classical ensemble playing mandolin. Heck, this is my first classical ensemble playing of any kind since I was a kid umpty ump years ago playing bassoon in the orchestra.

The hard part is going to be playing this stuff together with others, where I don't have control of all the variables, in front of an audience. And equally as scary for me, playing it in front of Jacob Reuven, who I will be meeting for the first time.

Also looking forward to seeing and hearing that Kerman mandolin up close.
      DavidKOS -
      Also looking forward to seeing and hearing that Kerman mandolin up close.
      We need more info on those Israeli made mandolins.