• New Music from Tim Connell and Eric Skye - June Apple

New Music from  Tim Connell and Eric Skye - June Apple

Portland, Or. — Instrumentalists extraordinaire Tim Connell and Eric Skye have announced the release of June Apple, a collection of traditional fiddles on mandolin and guitar on Half-Diminished Records.

About the project, Eric had this to share with the Mandolin Cafe: "We recorded this live to two-inch tape in an old barn that was converted into a studio about an hour East of Portland. We are separated by a sliding glass door, but again it was all live, and almost all in one day.

"We each had an early 70s Neumann U87 microphone pointed at our bridges and an old Neumann KM84 pointed at our fretboards. I used the prototype of my signature model 00 from the Santa Cruz Guitar Company (00-skye) and Tim used a mandolin made by Paul Lestock."

Selections

• June Apple
    • Fisher's Hornpipe
    • Cold Frosty Morning
    • Black Butte Waltz
    • Saint Anne's Reel
    • Temperance Reel
    • Angeline the Baker
    • Cherokee Shuffle
    • Snowflake Reel
    • I Am a Pilgrim
    • Billy in the Lowground
    • The Locktender's Reel

Listen

From the recording June Apple, the title track.

Additional Information

Comments 4 Comments
      Franc Homier Lieu -
      CD ordered, downloaded version playing right now. It will likely be the soundtrack of the rest of my summer. Great stuff!
      Tommcgtx -
      Great album! I especially like their take on "Cold Frosty Morning".
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Added the title track just now as a streaming MP3. That's fine!
      Mark Wilson -
      Downloaded tracks yesterday. Like Tommcgtx I am enjoying their take on these tunes. Superbly played and recorded. Shows these how cool these tunes can sound when speed is not the first or main objective.