• Simon Mayor's Settle Mandolin Retreat, March 31 - April 4

Simon MayorSettle, England — Simon Mayor will hold a 4-day Mandolin Retreat here March 31 - April 4, 2019 in the idyllic Falcon Manor Hotel, a cosy country house hotel that combines classic sophistication with contemporary chic.

Group playing will be an important part of the experience with fewer pieces covered than on other Simon Mayor weekend courses, giving everyone the extra time to polish the ensemble sound

Attendees will also get a chance to play in smaller groups, and to play a solo or two if they feel up to it.

"Skill level is not the important thing here," Simon said about his retreat. "It's simply a chance to push boundaries a little and to learn from each other in what — as veterans of these things will know — is always an atmosphere of wonderful camaraderie and mutual support."

"I try to cover all aspects of mandolin technique in the sessions, to de-mystify music theory, and to choose a varied repertoire with pieces that relate in some way to particular aspects of technique. I'm also planning that it should be less intense than the weekends, with formal sessions in the morning, and informal time in the afternoon where I'll be 'on duty' throughout if you want to buttonhole me about any mandolin related issue. There will no doubt be sessions in the bar in the evening too," he said.

Registering

- £750 Single participant
    - £616 per person for two people, both participants, room sharing (double or twin).
    - £132 Supplement room sharing charge for non-participating partner. In other words, £882 for a couple, only one of whom is a participant.

A non-refundable deposit of £240 per person to secure your hotel room and place is required, with the outstanding balance payable one month ahead of the event.

Additional Information