• Weber Mandolins Winter NAMM Yellowstone Celebration and Giveaway

Weber Celebrates New Partnership with D'Addario by Giving Away a Yellowstone Mandolin at the 2019 NAMM Show in conjunction with Mandolin Cafe.

Weber Mandolins Winter NAMM Yellowstone Celebration and Giveaway

Bend, Or. — Starting in January 2019, Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments will be celebrating their mandolin string partnership with D'Addario by giving away one of the newly redesigned Yellowstone series, a retail value of $4,999.

This opportunity to win a brand new Yellowstone F14 Mandolin will occur during a live drawing to take place at the Weber booth #2503, January 27, 2019 at the Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, California.

Registration for a chance to win will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page on January 15, 7:00 a.m. Central Time. Registrants will not need to be present at the drawing for a chance to win.

About the Yellowstone Series

The Weber Yellowstone has earned a complete face lift with a high gloss Burnt Amber burst and ivoroid top and back binding with black/white/black purfling. The new dovetail neck joint and the hand-voicing of the 3A Sitka spruce tops give the Yellowstone new chops!

The Weber Yellowstone series is available in mandolin, mandola, octave mandolin and mandocello. You can read in-depth articles about the new dovetail neck joint, hand-voicing, color work and more at the Weber Mandolins web site.

About the New Weber

The Weber team of craftsmen left no stone unturned in finding ways to enhance the sound, look and feel of our 2018 selection of Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments. Weber Luthier Ryan Fish invested this last year studying mandolin sound. From Lloyd Loar to current builders, he has compared sound and feel by deflection and profile. Perfecting hand voicing with the assistance of analytical tools, Ryan and our Weber Team of craftsmen have been able to dramatically advance the sound, chop, tone and volume of every Weber mandolin model.

About D'Addario and Weber Mandolins

Starting in 2019, all Weber Mandolins will come standard and be set-up in the workshop with D'Addario mandolin strings. The Weber craftsman are excited about this new partnership and matching our finely crafted mandolins with D'Addario's superb string offerings.

About D'Addario

D'Addario's first factory was in Lynbrook, New York, and the initial staff consisted of only five employees. As always, it was a real family operation: John, Sr.; John, Jr. and James leading the company's growth and business plans.The research and development arm of D’Addario is one of its strongest assets. Headed by James, the engineering department has accumulated many important manufacturing and product patents in the field.

D'Addario

The company prides itself on identifying problems in their production and implementing solutions. This includes the work they’ve done on their newest product line additions, such as Evans Drumheads (1995), Planet Waves, an accessory line (1998), HQ Practice Products, drum silencing and silent practice products (2004) and Rico Reeds (2004).

Additional Information

Comments 28 Comments
      yankees1 -
      Only lottery I have ever won was the December 1969 lottery and the prize was an all expense paid trip to Vietnam ! But, I did make it back alive so not complaining other than the agent orange that has affected my health. But, life is good !
      Gop -
      Good on you Doug! I cheered when I saw you were the winner, I bet that Weber sings like an angel. PS: your old A2 will turn 100 sometime this year - it has made a lot of people smile down here in Aus. All the best and nimble fingers into the future.
      addamr -
      Congratulations and happy picking.

Adam
      JEStanek -
      Congratulations and Enjoy!

Jamie
      William Smith -
      NICE Congrats! I'll win the next one
      yankees1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by William Smith View Post
      NICE Congrats! I'll win the next one
      As the Cubs use to say, " Wait till next year " They finally did !
      Billgrass -
      Congrats Doug! Now I can say I know a winner!!!
      fhaz -
      Congratulations, Doug! You give me (and the rest of us?) hope:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Freeman View Post
      Woo hoo! Guess I can never say "I never win anything" again!