• The Mandolin Store Moving to Tennessee

The Mandolin Store Announces Pending Move to TennesseeSURPRIZE, ARIZ. — Dennis Vance has announced he is moving The Mandolin Store to a location just North of Nashville in an area with quick and easy access to Music City.

About the move, Vance told us, "My time in Surprise has been great but I'm looking forward to returning to an area closer to where I grew up, being closer to my extended family, and closer to a part of the country with a bit of a richer acoustic music tradition. I can't yet disclose the location because the paperwork hasn't been finalized but I'll be able to announce that soon, and we should be in business there by this Spring."

Vance, who launched The Mandolin Store in his bluegrass and old-time music rich home state of Ohio in 2004 relocated to Surprise in 2007 to be closer to his aging parents.

The store will continue to be a dealer for Gibson, Ellis, Pava, Northfield, Kentucky, Eastman, Weber and more.

Additional Information

Comments 26 Comments
      Nashville -
      Well, this will be quite amazing for the mandolin players around here, close and far. I regularly go to Gruhn's and Carter's which currently has the best mando selection in Nashville. But if the Mandolin Store is here too, then it might just end up my new home when I'm dream shopping. True what was mentioned about traffic. I've lived here for 30 years now and traffic north of the city is the worst. It just means I'll have to go mid-day and mid-week to avoid the commuter hours. Not sure there is a time of day without bad traffic, but it will be worth it. I got my first good mandolin from the Mandolin Store and strings and picks and everything else. I have a strange urge to spend more money there. What is wrong with me?
      Denman John -
      Good luck With the move and think it will work out well. I’ve never dealt with them, but I know they have made a lot of people happy and their customer support is top notch. Would love to hear about showroom details when they become available.

Exciting news
      Gerry Cassidy -
      Got a chance to stop in last week for what will likely be my last visit to TMS-AZ.

I played two Weber Octaves (the necks are still WAY too big on these things!), a Pono GOM, followed closely by a Northfield GOM.

Then there was the Nyberg Cittern, an AWESOME Weber 2-pointer, the new Eastman Electric Mando, a couple of Collings, and Gibson's...

Will I miss it? Heck ya'! Is it still the best move for Dennis and his store? Heck ya'!

Thanks for the great run in AZ, Dennis, and I can't wait to see the new store!
      WaxwellHaus -
      Quote Originally Posted by DoubleE View Post
      I’m not familiar with Nashville traffic patterns, but I know Tennessee is a lot closer to Pennsylvania than Arizona. I’m excited!
      Agreed! An 8-hour drive for some mando-tasting sounds much more within the realms of reason than a 30-hour drive

Though I do regret that I'm unlikely to receive any more packages from Surprise, Arizona in the future. I got a real kick out of that shipping label.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Dennis tells us it's OK to announce the new store will be located in Goodlettsville which is just North of Nashville along I-65.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Update via The Mandolin Store newsletter just now for those not subscribed:

Update on our move to Tennessee

Well folks my house sold a few weeks ago and this past weekend I spent moving out. Selling mandolins is much more fun than moving! I am in the process and packing up the shop and getting things ready to leave Arizona on 3/25. While things are a bit messy in the shop, we are still shipping orders and expect little interruption in our mail order business over the next few weeks.

Our new address will be 907 Rivergate Parkway Suite A4 Goodlettsville Tennessee. I am very excited about both the location and the retail space. We will be working hard to get things organized and set up the first week of April. My plans are to be open by appointment only for the first month or so until I can get some additional help hired to assist me in the shop. Once this happens, we are planning to have retail shop hours Thursday - Saturday, and additional appointment hours through the week. This will allow us to continue to have time to set up the mandolins that we sell and additionally allow time to ship them to customers who are unable to visit our showroom.

We promise to continue the legacy of legendary customer service that we have become known for. We look forward to serving you in the future from our new location.

Dennis Vance