• Modern Mandolin Workshop Designed for Experienced Players Opens Enrollment

Modern Mandolin Camp

SHELBURNE, VT. — Modern Mandolin Workshop, a new workshop designed with intermediate, advanced, and professional musicians players in mind has announced the opening of enrollment. The virtual 3-day event will be held November 5-7, 2021.

Instructors include Jacob Jolliff, Matt Flinner, Maddie Witler, David Benedict, Casey Campbell, Dominick Leslie and special guest lecturer Mike Marshall.

Tuition for an all-access pass is $250 with a 10% discount for those who sign up before October 1. All classes and concerts will be recorded and accessible to attendees after the workshop on a password-protected site.

Each day features four classes from industry experts on styles ranging from progressive jazz to traditional bluegrass and everything between. Every evening has a mandolin-centered concert, as well as opportunities to interact with other students and faculty informally to share ideas and enhance learning. This faculty represents a small slice of the collective brain-trust of new sounds and thoughts on the mandolin. The intent is to present topics and concepts both related to and far beyond bluegrass and traditional folk music.

About the Host

Modern Mandolin Workshop is presented by Round Window Institute, a music-focused nonprofit led by banjoist Jake Schepps that also operates the similarly themed Banjo Summit, Modern Mandolin Workshop, Choro Summit, and Round Window Press (boutique banjo transcription books).

Additional Information

Comments 8 Comments
      Marcus CA -
      On the camp website, I couldn't find any info about the classes. I found the schedule, which was a timetable of the course periods, and the instructor bios, but no info about the classes themselves.
      musician5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus CA View Post
      On the camp website, I couldn't find any info about the classes. I found the schedule, which was a timetable of the course periods, and the instructor bios, but no info about the classes themselves.
      ''

We have not dialed in each instructor's topics yet. A couple of classes for sure are Jake Jolliff teaching bebop (and discussing his upcoming album with Grant Gordy), and Dominick Leslie will teach 'The Music of Hawktail." More topics to be filled in along the way.
      bigskygirl -
      Quote Originally Posted by musician5 View Post
      ''

We have not dialed in each instructor's topics yet. A couple of classes for sure are Jake Jolliff teaching bebop (and discussing his upcoming album with Grant Gordy), and Dominick Leslie will teach 'The Music of Hawktail." More topics to be filled in along the way.
      Nice, looking forward to something more advanced.
      Mandobar -
      Just to confirm, thus is a virtual on-line program?
      musician5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
      Just to confirm, thus is a virtual on-line program?
      Yes it is. On Zoom Webinar
      Barry Canada -
      Will there be a limited number of attendees?
      Mandobar -
      I signed up. I’m looking forward to it.
      musician5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Barry Canada View Post
      Will there be a limited number of attendees?
      Not likely. Given the Zoom Webinar format, it will not feel overwhelming if a lot of people attend. We will make some accommodations for Office Hours and Afterhours (i.e. breakout rooms).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
      I signed up. I’m looking forward to it.
      Fantastic. Thanks!