• New Music from Acoustic Disc - Tiny Moore Live!

Tiny Moore Live!

PORT TOWNSEND, WASH. — Acoustic Disc has announced the release of Tiny Moore Live! Recorded at Larry Blake's 12/20/80 in download format only. Moore, on electric mandolin and fiddle is accompanied by Dick Whittington on piano, Robb Fisher on bass and Vince Lateano on drums in a collection that is perhaps the only known recording of Tiny Moore leading a jazz ensemble.

These live performances were recorded by musician/writer Dix Bruce in 1980. With high quality audio, Tiny Moore Live! makes for a recording of historic significance from the jazz mandolin pioneer.

Listen

From the recording, "St. Louis Blues."

Track Listing

Set 1

• My Blue Heaven
    • I Surrender Dear
    • Indiana
    • Georgia on My Mind
    • Exactly Like You
    • Birth of the Blues
    • Out of Nowhere
    • C-Jam Blues

Set 2

• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
    • Perdido
    • Misty
    • Caravan
    • Star Dust
    • Take the ‘A’ Train
    • Mood Indigo
    • When You’re Smiling

Set 3

• How High the Moon
    • Over the Rainbow
    • Take Me Back to Tulsa
    • Caravan
    • Satin Doll
    • Sweet Georgia Brown
    • Honeysuckle Rose
    • I Can’t Get Started
    • 'S Wonderful
    • It Had to Be You
    • Closing Intros
    • Exactly Like You

Additional Information

Comments 4 Comments
      Glassweb -
      An absolutely fantastic recording! Tiny swings like crazy on the electric Mando and reminds me of Charlie Christian at his best. Superb on electric violin as well. We could all benefit from slowing down his mandolin solos and learning them note for note... would be well worth the effort as this is what it means to swing! A must have set...
      mandopops -
      A superb outing indeed. Great to hear Tiny in a straight head Jazz setting. Being backed by a Piano trio is an ideal choice. Love how the Piano & Bass solos allow Tiny to switch to fiddle & back to Mandolin. It gives the illusion there is another soloist sitting in. Of course, it’s Tiny doing double duty. Excellent.
      I thought Jethro & Tiny did a concert around the time of Back to Back. Any tapes from that in Dawg’s vault?
      Joe B
      Mia_white -
      i agree with this, amazing recordings.
      lowtone2 -
      Does anyone know what Tiny was playing on and through on this date? I know the Bigsby is on the cover, but that doesn’t mean i won’t ask about gear anyway.