• New in Print - Matt Flinner's The View From Here Transcriptions and Exercises

Matt Flinner's The View From Here Transcriptions and Exercises

RIPTON, VT. — To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Matt Flinner's The View From Here, a book of transcriptions of the melodies and solos played on the recording is now available for pre-ordering.

An instant classic when it was released, listening today, the music is still as fresh and exciting as it was when it first came out.

In addition to the transcriptions, Matt designed exercises for each of the tunes to help mandolin players with the tricky parts of the tunes. The book features an exercise for each tune, honing in on the skills a player needs to play the tune.

The book is 60 pages long and spiral bound to lay flat on a music stand or desk. Besides the transcriptions and exercises, a selection of photos of the groups Matt has played with along with those of his legendary Gilchrist F5 are included. Music is in standard notation and tablature.

The preorder price will be $25 including shipping. The deadline for preorders is October 31. After that date the price will be $25 plus actual shipping costs.

Additional Information

Sample Transcription

Comments 25 Comments
      Cousin Jack -
      Hi, what about postage to the UK? Any chance?
      Thanks
      mandrian -
      Hi,

I’m in the UK too and would like to know the shipped charge. This is one of my favourite CD’s.

Regards,
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Both of those questions are addressed on his web site with the link provided above.
      Don Grieser -
      So happy to see this in print.
      flynyrdskynyrd -
      Jack & mandrian: I'll try to have an estimate in the next day or two on shipping to the UK. And I'll make sure you get a discount!
      Thanks,
      Matt
      Paul Statman -
      Quote Originally Posted by flynyrdskynyrd View Post
      Jack & mandrian: I'll try to have an estimate in the next day or two on shipping to the UK. And I'll make sure you get a discount!
      Thanks,
      Matt
      Such a gent!
      Cousin Jack -
      Thanks Matt,
      Always loved this album and it would be great to be able to play at least some of it.

Look forward to hearing from you regarding postage cost and hope to get an order in as soon as possible.

Looks like you have a lot of fans in the Uk so I think quite a few others will be interested as well.

Thanks again.
      Paul Brett -
      Ireland too! just sent an email, I'd love to get my hands on this.
      flynyrdskynyrd -
      Hi Jack, mandrian, Paul,

Looks like shipping to the UK and Ireland is about $18. Since we're doing free shipping in the U.S. (through 10/31), which amounts to about $5, how about $12 for shipping on pre-orders to the UK and Ireland? Let me know if that works for you. And feel free to email me at mattflinnermando@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Thank you!
      Matt
      asIsaidtomyfriend -
      Hi Matt

Any chance you will be doing a digital version of the book?

Steve
      mandrian -
      Hi Matt,

Sorry, works out too expensive for me, but thanks for the offer anyway.

Regards,
      Cousin Jack -
      Hi Jack, mandrian, Paul,

Looks like shipping to the UK and Ireland is about $18. Since we're doing free shipping in the U.S. (through 10/31), which amounts to about $5, how about $12 for shipping on pre-orders to the UK and Ireland? Let me know if that works for you. And feel free to email me at mattflinnermando@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Thank you!
      Matt
      Thanks Matt, that sounds good for me.

Will place the order and increase the PayPal price accordingly if that’s okay?

Thanks
      Mandobar -
      Ordered my copy!
      Mandolinsanity -
      Such wonderful news! The Village Road is one of my favorite pieces of music.
      Cousin Jack -
      Hi Matt, I have placed my order and sent you an extra $12 separately to cover the shipping cost to the UK.

Hope that will be ok with you.

Really looking forward to seeing it and attempting to play some of the tunes.

Thanks

All the best

Andy Nichols
      flynyrdskynyrd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
      Hi Matt, I have placed my order and sent you an extra $12 separately to cover the shipping cost to the UK.

Hope that will be ok with you.

Really looking forward to seeing it and attempting to play some of the tunes.

Thanks

All the best

Andy Nichols
      Hi Andy,

Got it! And yes, that works great. Will get it in the mail to you when the books and padded envelopes arrive by the end of the week!

Thanks,
      Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolinsanity View Post
      Such wonderful news! The Village Road is one of my favorite pieces of music.
      Thank you Mandolinsanity!
      flynyrdskynyrd -
      Hey friends,

Just FYI, if you want to place an order from outside the US, we can ship to you. Since we're offering free shipping in the US through the end of the month, we can offer discounted rates internationally that generally will look something like this:

Canada; $5
      UK, Ireland, Europe: $12
      Australia, NZ: $15
      Japan: $15

After 10/31, shipping costs will basically be around $5 higher than these discounted rates (shipping has gotten pretty expensive these last few years!).
      If you have any questions about other destinations, please feel free to email me at mattflinnermando@gmail.com and we'll get you squared away.
      Thanks, everyone!

All the best,
      Matt
      Cousin Jack -
      Hi Andy,

Got it! And yes, that works great. Will get it in the mail to you when the books and padded envelopes arrive by the end of the week!

Thanks,
      Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Mandolinsanity!
      Thanks Matt,

That’s brilliant.

Guess there’s no chance of an autographed copy?

Cheers

Andy
      bbcee -
      Thanks Matt, I’ll be placing my order shortly. $12.00US seems right to me.

I love that it’s an exercise book as well as the transcriptions. One of my favorite albums.
      flynyrdskynyrd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
      Thanks Matt,

That’s brilliant.

Guess there’s no chance of an autographed copy?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Ha! Well, I think that can happen if you don't think it'll ruin the value of the book. On it's way soon, and thanks so much!

---Matt