• New Music from Joe K. Walsh - If Not Now, Who?

Joe K. Walsh - If Not Now, Who?

PORTLAND, MAINE — Adhyâropa Records has announced the release of the highly anticipated Joe K. Walsh recording entitled If Not Now, Who?

Joined by fellow acoustic music greats Grant Gordy, Matt Flinner (on banjo!), John Mailander, Ella Jordan and Karl Doty, the music on If Not Now, Who? showcases Joe's lyrical gift not only as an improvisor but as a composer par excellence.

If Not Now, Who? is available today as digital download, CD, or vinyl LP.

Track Listing

• Madison
    • When It's Over
    • Globe Thistle
    • If Not Now, Who?
    • Palmer
    • Rosalind
    • Home
    • The Bills
    • Tom
    • 41 Years

Listen

From the album, the track "Rosalind."

From Adhyâropa Records

We've been an admirer of Joe K. Walsh for a very long time. Since his days with The Gibson Brothers, he's been known as one of the most melodic improvisers on the mandolin, and a musician whose curiosity stretches across multiple genres. When Adhyâropa Records had the opportunity to work with Joe on his latest release, If Not Now, Who?, we leaped at the chance. The album is every bit as wonderful as expected and more. Across 10 gorgeously-composed and performed tunes (featuring Matt Flinner on banjo, Joe's Mr. Sun bandmate Grant Gordy on guitar, Ella Jordan and John Mailander on fiddles, and John Suntken on drums), Joe shows once again why he's considered one of the best pure musicians in the business. The music sings and soars — here and there it takes flight, and at other times seems to reverberate from the most intimate spaces. It sounds like good folks enjoying making music together, and it invites you to enjoy it just as much.

—Joe Brent, Adhyâropa Records

Free Transcription

Download "Rosalind" transcription in PDF from the album.

Additional Information

Comments 11 Comments
      Adhyâropa Records -
      Thanks for helping us get the word out, Scott! Hope everyone enjoys the new record.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Just my opinion, this is one of the finest new acoustic music releases of the past few years. Stunningly beautiful original music.
      Cheryl Watson -
      What beautiful tone and creative, flowing expression!
      Tacomando -
      Listening now. Beautifully recorded. Extraordinary arrangements. Looking forward to many repeats to absorb this welcome addition to the Joe Walsh collection.
      Drew Egerton -
      Joe has really become one of my favorite players in the last few years. Due in part to his wonderful Peghead Nation course plus his work with Mr Sun. Excited to listen to this via Bandcamp download as well as on vinyl!
      Jim Garber -
      Looking fwd to listening to this album. Joe is great!
      lenf12 -
      I just downloaded the album (not my first JKW download, I bought Borderlands). I love love love his playing, compostions, and his bandmates. Go Joe!!!!

Len B.
      Clearwater, FL
      tmsweeney -
      Caught the CD release show in Saratoga with Darol Anger, Grant Gordy, Brittney Carlson, and John Suntken on drums. As expected a delight, they were really hanging back and focusing on the tunes, not a lot of showy soloing which i greatly appreciated! He played mandolin, octave mandolin and a lot of mandola, what a voice on that instrument! It was pouring rain and sludgy but it was like coming in out of a storm to something wonderful. Picked up the CD, I'm sure it will be on the commute for a while.
      keith.rogers -
      I think (fuzzy recollection from M&B podcast) the drummer was going to be the same as in the album.

It’s on my “buy” list for the new year! (Listening on Spotify for now.)
      Drew Egerton -
      Quote Originally Posted by tmsweeney View Post
      Caught the CD release show in Saratoga with Darol Anger, Grant Gordy, Brittney Carlson, and John Suntken on drums. As expected a delight, they were really hanging back and focusing on the tunes, not a lot of showy soloing which i greatly appreciated! He played mandolin, octave mandolin and a lot of mandola, what a voice on that instrument! It was pouring rain and sludgy but it was like coming in out of a storm to something wonderful. Picked up the CD, I'm sure it will be on the commute for a while.
      I caught it via live stream from the venue's website in the comfort of my living room in NC. Excellent show all around! I agree about the focus on the tunes more than overdoing it with the technical mastery that they all could have done. I believe that was mentioned by Joe somewhere as a goal for the recording as well.
      tmsweeney -
      Quote Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
      I think (fuzzy recollection from M&B podcast) the drummer was going to be the same as in the album.

It’s on my “buy” list for the new year! (Listening on Spotify for now.)
      Keith John Suntken drummed on the album and on the tour so far.

I stayed home from work Friday and played that Cd over and over all morning.