• New Music - Bora Brasil, by Ian Coury

Bora Brasil by Ian Coury

BOSTON, MASS. — Brazilian mandolinist Ian Coury has announced the availability of his new recording project entitled Bora Brazil, available for streaming on Spotify (subscription required). Containing nine compositions with a brilliant ensemble backing him, Coury delivers an encore performance that shows why he is considered one of the finest mandolinists on today's scene.

Already a seasoned performer with awards too numerous to list, he teaches his Brazilian Choro Mandolin course online at Peghead Nation. Originally from Brasil's capital city of Brasília, where he began playing mandolin at age eight, in 2019 Ian received a scholarship to study at Berklee College of Music in Boston, where, in his second year, he received the String Department Award.

On the recording Ian is joined by Felipe Viegas, Juninho Alvarenga, Pedro Miranda, Renato Galvão, all major artists with their own recording projects.

Limited information was available at the time of releasing this notice. As more information becomes available we may update this article.

Listen

Track Listing

• Água, Mãe Água
    • Me Deixa
    • Refazenda
    • Bora Brasil
    • A Batucada dos Nossos Tantãs
    • A Terra e o Et
    • Frevassow
    • Minha Alma
    • Frevassow

Additional Information

Comments 7 Comments
      danielpatrick -
      Great album!
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Still trying to find out some more about the music here. Assume it's all original. It's a stunning collection of music and these cats playing with him are the real deal as well. All with their own recorded projects. Ian PM'd me on Instagram with the link to Spotify but hasn't responded to questions I had but I wanted everyone to have the possibility to listen to some of this.
      Mando Mafia -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      Still trying to find out some more about the music here. Assume it's all original. It's a stunning collection of music and these cats playing with him are the real deal as well. All with their own recorded projects. Ian PM'd me on Instagram with the link to Spotify but hasn't responded to questions I had but I wanted everyone to have the possibility to listen to some of this.
      Half the tunes are Ian’s originals, half by other Brazilians, including Gilberto Gil and João Bosco. I’ve been singing Ian’s praises since I found out about him about a year ago. He’s only about 20 years old now, and already a fabulous player. Check him out on youtube, going back to when he was a young kid playing with Hamilton De Holanda.

Pete
      pops1 -
      Wow that is great stuff, gonna play some on our radio show.
      Chris Fannin -
      Just bought it off iTunes. I’ll be listening to it on my way home from work.
      RustyMutt -
      Holy moly. This is stinkin' jammin'
      Enjoying the vibes and percussion on this one.
      Chris Fannin -
      This album is so cool. Funky and jazzy. It's got a Bela Fleck & the Flecktones vibe.

95% of the music I listen has lyrics but this so good you don't need any. I get through the album almost twice on the way to work.