View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Nathan Livers

Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Mandolinist for Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper Nathan Livers joins us on Mandolin Mondays for a killer cross-tuned version of this old-time classic. Hear that Vessel mandolin sing!

Originally from Louisville, Kentucky, Nathan Livers now makes his home in Charlestown, Indiana. He has played in such bands as The ‘Get Down’ Bluegrass Boys, Charlie Lawson & Oak Hill, Gary Brewer & the Kentucky Ramblers, Tony Holt & the Wildwood Valley Boys, and a Louisville-based bluegrass band, Storefront Congregation, that featured Nathan’s songwriting on its 2011 release “Kaleidoscope.” Check it out here: https://storefrontcongregation.bandc...m/kaleidoscope

Here Nathan gives the play-by-play on his instrument and gear, "My mando is a Vessel made by Gary Vessel from Modesto, California, made in 2013 as #94. It’s essentially a Loar copy with some additions including large Evo frets, bone nut, James tailpiece, scooped Florida, and Waverly tuners. The strings I’m using in this video are Straight Up Strings heavy gauge. I use a Bluechip TP 60 with holes drilled in it much like a Wegen. (For the eagle eyed, yes, there is a piece of paper under my E strings, I may be due for a set up, lol)"

Also, connect with Nathan at the following links below for more information about his music, tour schedule, and private lessons:

flamekeeperband.com
facebook.com/mcflamekeeper

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Nathan Livers" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Nathan Livers" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Nathan Livers" to Google

Comments

Welcome, Nathan. Brilliantly played!
    Awesome!!
    Lovely!
    Great arrangement brilliantly played.
    Thanks!

Daniel
    Great and musical arrangement...and that Vessel sounds wonderful.
    Hey, thanks everyone!