View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #168 w/ Special Guest Jefferson Louvat

Rate this Entry
Belgium mandolin master Jefferson Louvat stops by Mandolin Mondays this week to play this gorgeous original tune on his custom lefty Northfield mandolin.

Brussels resident, Jefferson has traveled to perform at many legendary rooms and events including the Grand Ole Opry, The Station Inn, the IBMA as well as various festivals throughout the U.S. and most of Europe. In 2010 he signed with prestigious German record label, Acoustic Music Records, and released an album A Walk With You with excellent French guitarist Thierry Massoubre. In 2011 Jefferson, his brother Steve on banjo/guitar and Jazz bassist Michel Vrydag released their first Louvat Bros self-entitled album.
The Louvat Bros. trio won the 2012 Liz Meyer award at the EWOB (European World of Bluegrass) rewarding the European’s most innovative band in Bluegrass music. Jefferson left The Louvat Bros in 2016 and now performs with his duo, Szabadsag.

"It is a real pleasure for me to be a guest of Mandolin Mondays, so thank you very much! I wrote this tune some years ago when getting back from Bulgaria. Although it's not Bulgarian music at all, I got inspired that way. Manastir is a small and remote village in the Rhodopes mountains quite close to the Greek border in southern Bulgaria. Wild and pristine area.

The mandolin I am playing is a 2012 Northfield Big Mon. What's special with this mando is that this is the very first left-handed one the workshop ever built! And so far they just made a second one recently. I dig this mando, it has such a fine tone. And the folks at Northfield are such lovely guys."

Be sure to connect with Jefferson at the following links below for more information about his music:

https://www.szabadsag.be/

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #168 w/ Special Guest Jefferson Louvat" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #168 w/ Special Guest Jefferson Louvat" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #168 w/ Special Guest Jefferson Louvat" to Google

Comments

Welcome, Jefferson! Beautiful composition, great tone from your Northfield.
    Beautiful !!!!
    A southpaw to inspire us other southpaws! Lovely!
    Wow, so very beautiful! Nice work.
    that was wonderful!
    thank you for sharing this with us.
    d
    Nice work. I enjoyed your playing very much.
    Beautiful tune! Great tone and articulation. I was also very happy that the camera was positioned so well to let us see your fine finger work.
    Sweet!
    What a beautiful piece. Really enjoyed that.