View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe

Mandolin Mondays #170 - Sir Paul McCartney!

Rate this Entry
David Benedict is on holiday and graciously turned Mandolin Mondays over to the Mandolin Cafe this week, and what a treat we have, as Rock & Roll legend and founding member of The Beatles, Sir Paul McCartney pays us a visit!

About the original composition he plays here, Sir Paul McCartney said, "OK, lads, give this new one a go and let me know what you think. Just wrote it a few nights ago and plan to have it on my next album. Cheers to everyone at the Mandolin Cafe, carry on and all my best, and remember, that's not a banjo, that's a mandolin!"

About: Paul McCartney, is full Sir James Paul McCartney, (born June 18, 1942, Liverpool, England), British vocalist, songwriter, composer, bass player, poet, and painter whose work with the Beatles in the 1960s helped lift popular music from its origins in the entertainment business and transform it into a creative, highly commercial art form. He is also one of the most popular solo performers of all time in terms of both sales of his recordings and attendance at his concerts.

Connect with Sir Paul McCartney at these links:
Paul McCartney's web site
Paul McCartney on Facebook
Paul McCartney on Instagram

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #170 - Sir Paul McCartney!" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #170 - Sir Paul McCartney!" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #170 - Sir Paul McCartney!" to Google

Updated Apr-18-2022 at 10:00pm by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Please accept our apologies for some clear issues that are being experienced with this video. You may or may not be able to view it at the moment. Paul's promotional company in the UK accidentally published notice about the video an hour earlier on their social media channels and the ensuing rush of traffic so far has been far more than our server is used to handling. That and what appears to be a lot of people just hitting refresh is causing additional issues with performance. Please be patient and our sincere apologies. For those of you that are able to see it, you're in for a real treat!
    Sir Paul broke the internet playing a right handed mandolin like a left handed genius!!
    If only he was playing the Cabela's carbon fiber mandolin in full hunting camo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe
    Please accept our apologies for some clear issues that are being experienced with this video. You may or may not be able to view it at the moment. Paul's promotional company in the UK accidentally published notice about the video an hour earlier on their social media channels and the ensuing rush of traffic so far has been far more than our server is used to handling. That and what appears to be a lot of people just hitting refresh is causing additional issues with performance. Please be patient and our sincere apologies. For those of you that are able to see it, you're in for a real treat!
    Well Scott, you are an old hound dog to sniff out these unexpected gems of the mandolin underworld!

By the way, I have read that the production of the BM-bio-flic is well under way and should hit the movie theatres at X-mas. That should be a blast.
    Always knew he'd be on Mandolin Mondays some day.
    Wow! What a video. Seriously, I'm just blown away.

I hope the rest of you can get it to load because that was worth the two hours of refreshing! Stay strong!
    This is an April fools joke right?
    Quote Originally Posted by rgray
    If only he was playing the Cabela's carbon fiber mandolin in full hunting camo.
    That one hooked me so good.
    This made me laugh so hard....much appreciated, Scott!
    Best April's Fool joke ever, Scott! How you gonna top this one? Better start working on that now.
    Ohhhhhhhhh. I guess I can stop checking back now.