View RSS Feed

Mandolin pilgrim

Here is what's tripping my trigger this morning...

Rate this Entry
I've been working up a version of "Goin' Across the Sea" for the Song of the Week Mandolin Cafe social group. It looks as if the tune is going to lose to a Bob Marley song in the voting. (!) However, this is the one I'm working up. I've found a couple of contemporary versions in B. I started to score John Reishman's excellent (of course) version, in C. But I stumbled onto this Bill Monroe version this morning, in A, and this clearly does it for me. The audio is weak so you'll have to turn it up. Head of the tune comes around about 0:18 for the first time.

Submit "Here is what's tripping my trigger this morning..." to Facebook Submit "Here is what's tripping my trigger this morning..." to Yahoo Submit "Here is what's tripping my trigger this morning..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's a good number as Bill would say ;-) There is something about the "Ancient Tones" that we hear from this music. Hauntingly beautiful. <3
    Funny you mention ancient tones. There are places in the video where I thought he seemed to be looking off into the past, listening for them.