View RSS Feed

Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6, 1 PM EST

Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall Fiddle & Mando classes starting soon

Rate this Entry
Erynn Marshall and I have a new round of zoom music classes starting Nov 1st. This time the classes are: Total Beginner Fiddle and Intermediate + Mandolin.Please spread the word. Here's the details:
BEG fiddle class:
Have you got a fiddle laying around and have wanted to learn to play it but you need a total beginner class? Have never played before but can rent or borrow a fiddle to give it a try in this class? Do you play banjo or mandolin or another instrument but want to learn the fiddle and how to use the mysterious bow? Have you tried to teach yourself a few tunes on the fiddle by watching youtube videos but feel you missed out on some good playing technique? Want to learn a few traditional fiddle-tunes and to start to sound like an old-time fiddler? This class is for you! We will start from the very beginning from bow-hold, scales, ornaments, shuffle bow, backbeat and more. We'll go slow. Questions are encouraged.
Total Beginner Fiddle - Sundays at 1pm EST.
Nov 1st through Dec 6th with Erynn Marshall
Cost: $75-$100 (sliding scale) for 6 class session

Carl's Mandolin Class:
In this mandolin series I will teach a few of my favorite tunes and we will explore ways to play back-up on tunes and songs.
I will use some basic theory to teach 2 string chords that are handy and allow much more variety in our playing, We'll learn how to link notes up the fingerboard which is easier than you think. Join with me in this course and you can see for yourself.
Intermediate+ Mandolin - Sundays at 3:30pm EST
Nov 1st through Dec 6th with Carl Jones
Cost: $75-$100 (sliding scale) for 6 class session
These are group, online, zoom classes that have a nice community vibe (no commute, you can take from anywhere in the world and they're safe). You are muted while playing so we can't hear you but the group is unmuted often to ask questions. Classes will be taught by ear but we provide notation (beg fiddle will have fingerings/bowings) as a memory aid. These zoom classes are recorded and you will have access to watch or download the videos for a week after each class. That way if you're busy you can watch the class later and not miss a thing. Carl is also teaching an intermediate + mandolin class. www.Dittyville.com We love to share our music. To register just drop us an email at info@dittyville.com and you can pay using paypal or venmo here:
paypal.me/dittyville
www.venmo.com/dittyville

Submit "Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall  Fiddle & Mando classes starting soon" to Facebook Submit "Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall  Fiddle & Mando classes starting soon" to Yahoo Submit "Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall  Fiddle & Mando classes starting soon" to Google

Comments