View RSS Feed

Deraleigh

Need help identifying 1920s Banjolin

Rate this Entry
So I recently found this old vintage unmarked banjolin on eBay. I’ve been digging everywhere across the internet just to try and figure out who made it, but I can’t find anything concrete. I have managed to find another one on reverb that looks just like it, but it is also a John Doe. However the person who listed the other one seems to think it might be a Favilla Brothers banjolin. I don’t think they’re FAB banjolins. After doing more digging and extensive research, I finally ran across Oscar Schmidt’s sovereign banjolin which seems to have many similarities, but again I am just unsure. So that’s what brings me here. I thought maybe someone in this forum would have more information than what’s posted out there. My final thoughts are that it may be a Sovereign or maybe another one of Oscar Schmidt’s banjolins. Let me know what you guys think!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0010638-A71D-46B9-AF94-B0A88EA09F7F.jpeg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	190266 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4F9D06FA-A4C9-440F-B445-9D2A846B55B6.jpeg 
Views:	175 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	190267

Submit "Need help identifying 1920s Banjolin" to Facebook Submit "Need help identifying 1920s Banjolin" to Yahoo Submit "Need help identifying 1920s Banjolin" to Google

Comments