View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #282 w/ Special Guest Garrett Wren

Rate this Entry
This week on Mandolin Mondays the amazing Garrett Wren drops by to take a few impressive spins on these traditional Irish jigs. Check out that amazing triplet technique played on Garrett's crisp 2015 Clark F5 Mandolin.

Garrett is a mandolin performer and instructor from Lewisburg, WV, and has played around the festival circuit with the Virginia-based bluegrass band Circa Blue. Yet his skills go beyond bluegrass as depicted here in this video.

Garrett is available for online lessons by inquiry at his email here: gswren@gmail.com.

And be sure to connect with Garrett on Instagram below for more information about his music:

https://www.instagram.com/gswren/

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #282 w/ Special Guest Garrett Wren" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #282 w/ Special Guest Garrett Wren" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #282 w/ Special Guest Garrett Wren" to Google

Comments

Wonderful picking! Thank you!
    Wonderful playing. I struggle to figure out where to put triplets when playing jigs, and now I know one solution: put them everywhere!
    Nice! Gee, I thought I was making some progress on triplets earlier today, but after hearing this it's back to the woodshed. Thanks for sharing that most excellent music.