View RSS Feed

MANDOCAT

Bebop mandolin?

Rate this Entry
Hi all, some years ago now, 10-15yrs, I purchased a cd from the states called 'Bebop Mandolin'. I cannot for the life of me remember the guys name, but am trying to replace it as I lost it sometime back. I seem to recall at the time that I'd never heard of him before. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Submit "Bebop mandolin?" to Facebook Submit "Bebop mandolin?" to Yahoo Submit "Bebop mandolin?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I did the first and most obvious things I usually do - searched amazon and ebay - and got nothing, as far as
    CDs go. You may well have done the same, but you'd be surprised how many don't. All I got was an instruction book by Pete Martin. I don't know if it's the same Pete Martin who is a member here, but it might be. You could try contacting him, see if he knows anything.

Good luck!
    Are you thinking of “Mandoboppin” by Don Stiernberg? If so, he put out the album himself without a major label. Finding a copy might be challenging, but you also might be able to reach out to him directly and order a copy. I’m by no means an expert, I just happen to be listening to the people episode 17 of The Mandolins and Beer podcast and he’s the guest. The episode is a few years old, but as I am less than one year into my mandolin playing journey I’m listening my way through the entire podcast catalogue. He discusses on the episode that he self-produced the album, but I believe he said people looking for it could reach out to him.