View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #345 w/ Special Guest Lorraine Duisit

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
This week on Mandolin Mondays we have Virginia singer-songwriter and mandolinist Lorraine Duisit with us to perform her original song "Diamond Willow" on her 1924 H4 Gibson Mandola.

Lorraine is a former member of the band Trapezoid, and over the years has made appearances on Prairie Home Companion, Voice of America, All Things Considered
and more. Washington Post writes of Lorraine, “an enchanting singer and writer of songs that sneak up out of old traditions and surprise you with new twists" and Billboard magazines says “ethereal vocals, acoustic instruments and intriguing melodies that mix folk, jazz, pop, and other strains…an impressively original talent.”

Her most recent album In My Heart I am Dancing was released in 2020 and can be found here on Bandcamp: https://lorraineduisit.bandcamp.com/releases

Be sure to connect with Lorraine at the following links below for more information about her music:

https://lorraineduisit.bandcamp.com/releases

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #345 w/ Special Guest Lorraine Duisit" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #345 w/ Special Guest Lorraine Duisit" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #345 w/ Special Guest Lorraine Duisit" to Google

Comments

That's how it's done, right there!
    Sweet! Thank you for sharing.
    This tune 'sends a shiver down my neck'! Lorraine is such a fine player and interpreter of musical styles. I hope more young folks learn from her recordings. And here is proof that a mandola works very well in accompanying a song.
    I got hang out with her many years at Augusta in WV when Jethro was teaching his one and only class there and she was the TA.

She sounds absolutely powerful accompanying this song on that H-4 mandola!
    Outstanding musician and songwriter! She does justice to that magnificent Gibson H-4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber
    I got hang out with her many years at Augusta in WV when Jethro was teaching his one and only class there and she was the TA.

She sounds absolutely powerful accompanying this song on that H-4 mandola!
    I was there the same year attending her mandolin workshop. I think there were five students. She was wonderful and one day held the class at her house and served us tea. I will always remember it.
    Nice!
    Brilliant