View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe

Guitar ads in Classifieds halted effective immediately

Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
UPDATED FEBRUARY 19: the following supersedes the information posted below. Effective immediately, ALL new guitar ads are being halted. Further, ALL guitar ads will be removed along with the Guitar category from this site will no longer appear effective 5:00 p.m. February 28. Existing Guitar Accessory ads will be moved into the general Accessories category.

Effective immediately, the Mandolin Cafe is discontinuing new/used guitar listings in our Classifieds unless those postings are made by pre-existing site advertisers and business partners.

All existing guitar ads already placed are under further consideration, whether to be allowed to remain and auto-expire or not. At this time we are not ready to make a final decision on those.

Why this decision has been made: allowing guitar sellers to utilize this resource has become untenable for us as a business and hasn't been operationally effective for a considerable time. The response and time commitment required, even with the current numbers, is far oversized. By themselves, guitar ads create more work and operational headaches than all other ads combined. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to continue offering this service to guitar owners. No surprise, which we don't need to elaborate on, much of this is financially related. While many guitar sellers have rightly supported us, far more had no interest.

The bottom line:

1. Those already in our "green-list" of approved classifieds users can continue to reply to existing guitar ads.
  2. Only pre-existing business partners or advertisers can continue to place guitar ads, for now.
  3. Guitar ads placed by non-business partners from this point forward will be removed.
  4. At this time we have no plan to remove or block Guitar Accessories ads but this may change.
  5. Tenor Guitars and all other instruments there is no change.

A personal note: I rarely address readers of this site directly, but know this decision was not made lightly. I love operating this site and consider it a privilege. This is something I can simply no longer engage in and continue to serve the mandolin world I care about which has always been why this was created. I anticipate this change will have no impact on the rest of the site, its bottom line, nor existing operations, which I intend to operate for a long time going forward.

NOTE: any and all comments made here will be moderated first.

Submit "Guitar ads in Classifieds halted effective immediately" to Facebook Submit "Guitar ads in Classifieds halted effective immediately" to Yahoo Submit "Guitar ads in Classifieds halted effective immediately" to Google

Updated Feb-19-2023 at 8:46am by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Updated: effective 5:00 p.m. Central Time February 28 all Guitar ads will be permanently removed from the Mandolin Cafe. From that point forward there will be no further Guitar ads appearing on this site again. Existing Guitar Accessories will be moved to the general Accessories category and the Guitar category removed from the Classifieds. This is being announced in advance so that we may notify all current ad owners.