View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #429 w/ Special Guest Linus Lindblom

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
This week on Mandolin Mondays we're joined by multi-instrumentalist Linus Lindblom of the band The Brothers 5 down in Savannah, GA. Believe it or not, but he's only been playing mandolin for 2 and a half years! And he really makes this Doug Clark two point mandolin sing on the classic Jesse McReynolds tune "Dixie Hoedown."

Linus is 17 years old, and lives down in Savannah, GA. In addition to his burgeoning talent on the mandolin, he also plays fiddle and guitar in one of two bluegrass bands that his very talented family have started. He plays in the newer group called The Brothers 5, and his older siblings and parents play in the band Headin' Home Bluegrass. Be sure to keep your eyes on these incredible musicians.

Here's a word from Linus about the gear in this video, "The mandolin is a Doug Clark two point I got just over 2 years ago. Strings are XS and the pick is a tone slab."

Be sure to connect with Linus at the following links below:

https://headinhomebluegrass.com/
https://www.patreon.com/Linusknives?...rshare_creator

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #429 w/ Special Guest Linus Lindblom" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #429 w/ Special Guest Linus Lindblom" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #429 w/ Special Guest Linus Lindblom" to Google

Comments

Tasty! Thanks for the treat.
    Wow! Those are really creative lines beautifully played. Thanks for the very nice music to start off my week.
    Great job Linus! Thanks!
    Wow! Yet another Lindblom talent is unleashed! Bravo, young sir!
    Dude! I enjoyed that more the second, and then the third time I listened to it. You really made that tune happen as a solo mandolin performance. I didn't remember the tune, so after listening to you once, I listened to Jim & Jesse, Bluegrass Album Band, and Mark O'Connor/Sam Bush doing it. After that, I enjoyed your solo arrangement even more. Great job! That two-point Clark is pretty nice as well. Thanks and keep it up!