View RSS Feed

longshot

New Invention to Improve Mandolin/Guitar/Fiddle Sound

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
For many years (over 20 now) I have been improving the sound of my own stringed instruments with mechanical attachments. The latest one is a major breakthrough for mandolins, guitars and fiddles because the volume and sound quality improvements are no less than stunning! My provisional patent arrived at the patent office mail room only yesterday and I am waiting for them to log it in. When they do I'll put an ad with pictures and an explanation about how it works in the Cafe classifieds, probably before updating my web site.

The new device, like most of my other gadgets, captures inaudible sound surface waves from the instrument, amplifies them multiple times and sends them into the sound opening where they are converted to audible sound. The difference with this new device is in the improved way that the surface waves are amplified - by separate and efficient low and high frequency mechanical amplifiers - and the fact that the high frequency amplifier efficiently amplifies harmonics which improves the quality of all notes. It is a very loud and wonderful sound. I'll be playing my mandolin with it at the Bluegrass jam Tuesday night at the Australian Bakery on Marietta Square in Marietta, Georgia and if you are there you can play it - either on your instrument or mine. Another mandolin player who jams there frequently uses an earlier version and I can hardly wait for her to hear this one!

The new product for mandolins and guitars will be called, "Multi-Booster", because it is used in multiple instruments. The fiddle version, which is slightly different but works the same way, is, "Fiddle Booster". I haven't worked out the price for Multi-Booster yet but it will probably be around $25.

Submit "New Invention to Improve Mandolin/Guitar/Fiddle Sound" to Facebook Submit "New Invention to Improve Mandolin/Guitar/Fiddle Sound" to Yahoo Submit "New Invention to Improve Mandolin/Guitar/Fiddle Sound" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments