View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

Red Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap

Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Had quite a few requests for a red version of the ball cap in a post I made about new ball cap colors coming next week, and here it is. One note: red can be fussy on monitors and I'm not sure this is exactly the red tone captured in this image, and each monitor will see it differently. This is a bit bright I think. All I can add is I do like the way it turned out although the idea of it didn't grab me initially, but if the feedback is good on this may order some next time I restock.

Submit "Red Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap" to Facebook Submit "Red Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap" to Yahoo Submit "Red Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I would order a red one in a heartbeat. It seems all of my ball caps are some shade of olive or brown.

Jamie
    Still thinking this image is too bright. I'd call it a normal red. The above looks a bit bright still. Oh well
    Gotta be Husker red. Something I can wear at the next KU vs NU football game. Gotta do this before we leave the Big 12, though...
    Yea, these would go great with those old guys and their wives that pull into downtown Lawrence from somewhere in Huskerland in their red RV, and they climb out wearing red polyester slacks, red shoes, red shirt, red socks... etc. Still, they'll be beating us 60-0 again (just like the old days) after our most recent coaching change, even if our head guy is a former Husker. When does basketball start?

Like the red. I would like it a little more if it were a bit of a faded/washed color, but I suppose that would happen on its own after a while.
    I'll go for a red one (or two)
    Not a big ball cap wearer meself but I gotta say I think the red one rocks! I'd order one!!

Cheers,
    Jill
    Another vote for the red. I'll buy as soon as they're available. Thanks, Scott

Steve Perry
    I really like washed faded red--too bright would not sell very well, I think. This company might not offer washed, toned-down red, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtwang
    I really like washed faded red--too bright would not sell very well, I think. This company might not offer washed, toned-down red, however.
    You can achieve fading by leaving it out in the sun/rain for a few weeks.
    I'll order one, Scott.
    Watch out folks, you'll start a distressing discussion of hats! Oh, the controversy!!! Har.
    I'd go for a red one or a blue one (the yellow might look good on a blue backing).
    The red is a good contrast for the MC logo. Faded red would be sweeter, tho, and go nicely with the new (faded) olive & charcoal ones.
    They do "open up" in the back

Jamie
    red looks neat.
    I'd buy one!

>>>===> Dave
    I'm in.
    Red is a great choice. I like the shade. Remember, if you wear it as often as I do, the color will fade soon enough!
    Absolutely would buy one . . . maybe two.
    Steve
    I"ll be in for red!
    I'd sure like one!!
    I'm in for a red one...
    The red is a winner,especially if it's a little darker than the pic. A dark green would be nice,too.Let me know wwhen they're ready to ship!
    I have one of the originals and will order a red one!!!!!
    I'll be looking for them to become available. Thanks for providing us with these items.

Keep the Grass Blue!
    Looks over the top. I'm in in deuces. Now if it had a small fleurdelis on the back I might have to have a dozen.
    I would order for sure and wear to all the Cardinals games!
    Don
    Love the red! Of course pink would be better!!!!!!
    I like this a lot. I had to laugh when I saw the first announcement of the two new colors and they were both very muted minimalist colors (though very nice). Now this is an actual new color. Gives it some pizzazz.
    so many choice's...what to do?? i do like the red one,very nice..but i do have a Phillies cap.....i'll have to think on this..
    You ought to try one in a nice Cremona Sunburst with a touch of distressing....
    I like the red too, either as pictured, or a darker Cardinal red as well -- even though we're a Cal family
    Can I vote twice? I really like the red and would order one at the first opportunity. Promise!
    I'd buy a red one in a heartbeat... let's get'er done and get some in!
    Badger Red. I'd order one of those! I like red the best!
    After attending several 'high profile' youth athletic events for my child wearing my original Cafe cap, I have disappointing news; not one person commented on the cap after spending time among thousands of parents at these events. Now that have I have left my original in a cafe in Ithaca, I now have to consider a new lid advertise this site. Red might be the trick to attract some attention and further the awareness. Or not? I'm in NH now, is blue the answer? Choices, choices... Dan
    50 red just ordered yesterday.
    Can we pre-order of is it fcfs?

Michael
    Looks great Scott...ROLL TIDE!!! Yes, I would order one. Looking at the picture the Red brings out the Logo and makes it stand out. Over time the cap will fade with washing and exposure to sunlight but the logo will still stand out. I wear a lot of caps since I part my hair in a circle and need the cover. Will make a great Fathers Day gift.
    Updated Jun-10-2010 at 9:59am by Mike Bullard (added content)
    RED Look's Fantastic! Put me down for 1.........................or 2 (oh nothing honey, just talking to myself....) Ha Ha
    git um git um I'd get one right now.
    I'll know pretty soon when they'll be arriving and will notify in advance and allow a bit of pre-ordering.
    I'd be tempted to stain the edges dark brown, and maybe bleach a yellowish transition into the red...
    Appears those hats may be ready as early as next Wednesday, in which case I may start taking pre-orders on Sunday. If I can pick them up early enough they'll be mailed on Wednesday.
    The cries of the public have been heard. I'm in Boston now, but return to Colorado tomorrow. I would shudder to think these Boston folks would try to relate the Mandolin Cafe cap to the Red Sox. Bama, the Sox, next thing you know somebody will try to tie to color into the Jayhawks! Dan
    Yes please!
    Gonna run out of red REAL quick. I haven't bought a hat for 12 years. I will on Sunday, with any luck.
    I am ready to order a couple of red's! Red is gooood, and they fade in no time. Put me on the list for a couple.
    As a United fan, it's a couple of reds for me.
    I'd buy a red on in a minute! My original khaki model is the only ballcap I can wear that doesn't make me look like I arrived on the short bus. Count on my order if you decide to have red caps made.
    Red. Yes. Just need one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast