View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

Create your own custom mandolin patent art

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Recently a web site specializing in U.S. Patent information made into posters came to our attention. Patents Wall Art Decor's music instrument category has some 50+ historic instruments in it including six banjo posters and plenty of guitars and other stringed instruments. Cool, I'm thinking. Any mandolin posters? Sadly, no. Waaaaaaa.

So what the heck. You could make your own, or pay between $24.99 and $169.99 for one of theirs. They customize theirs with speciality fonts as headers. Certainly cool, and in order to justify selling them it's wise they did some design work. Everyone will have their own opinion but I like these just the way they come, unedited.

Make your own: find a patent you're interested in with cool art--you knew we had a way to help you locate these didn't you? Download the image, open in Photoshop. Convert from bitmap to grayscale for editing, increase or decrease Brightness/Contrast as you see fit and then reverse white to black by hitting Ctrl + i on your keyboard. Touch up some of the random dust if you wish, or not. Edit away. Viola! Or... Mandola!

Example below that took us about three minutes. Here's a large version of that if you wish. If anyone takes the trouble to get these printed large scale I'd be interested in hearing how they came out. You probably already knew but going the color route vs. black and white will cost you more.

Submit "Create your own custom mandolin patent art" to Facebook Submit "Create your own custom mandolin patent art" to Yahoo Submit "Create your own custom mandolin patent art" to Google

Comments