View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #1 - Huckleberry Hornpipe

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
This year I'm taking on a new mandolin challenge! Every monday I'll be posting a new homemade mandolin music video of original arrangements of familiar tunes from all genres. And what better way to start a new mandolin tradition than with an old fiddle tune played too fast, with too many notes, and with questionably appropriate interpretations of traditional music styles. Here's a couple passes of an old favorite: Byron Berline's "Huckleberry Hornpipe."

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Also, feel free to join the fun and post your own Mandolin Monday videos or comment your tune suggestions for future videos below.

All the best,
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #1 - Huckleberry Hornpipe" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #1 - Huckleberry Hornpipe" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #1 - Huckleberry Hornpipe" to Google

Comments

I always admire those who have the ability to play too fast! How do you do it? Thank you for sharing this video, in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelsenbury
    I always admire those who have the ability to play too fast! How do you do it? Thank you for sharing this video, in any case.
    Thanks so much! I think the key to playing fast is drinking a lot of coffee
    I had thought one or your more recent examples was my favorite, but after browsing through the videos all the way back to week #1, this is my winner. Awesome, clean playing.
    Ha! It's the anniversary of Mandolin Mondays #1 and we were there supporting from Day 1. Congrats, David on just releasing #261 this morning.