View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #9 - Skating in Central Park

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I recently cooked up this chord melody arrangement of the great jazz waltz, "Skating in Central Park" by John Lewis. I first heard the tune off of the Bill Evans and Jim Hall duo record, Undercurrent. Both the tune and the record have become fast favorites. It was fun trying out some false harmonics with this one.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin
Happy Picking!

David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #9 - Skating in Central Park" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #9 - Skating in Central Park" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #9 - Skating in Central Park" to Google

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:33am by dbmandolin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Beautiful arrangement of a great tune. Great to see chord melody on the mandolin getting more attention. I'll be contacting you for the score, which should keep me busy for the next 5 years or so...
    Sweet arrangement....I'm still getting your version of "You've got a friend in me" up to speed, and now I want to work on this... Hard to keep up with you, David!
    I love these things David. Keep em coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
    I love these things David. Keep em coming!
    Thanks Mike! That means so much to me!