View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #20 - Theme and Variations on "Bury Me Beneath"

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Last week was Maybelle Carter's birthday, and this time 13 years ago we lost her daughter, June Carter. In memory of these two amazing artists, I put together a few different versions of the Carter Family's great tune "Bury Me Beneath the Willow" in a quasi-classical Theme and Variations format.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Happy Picking!

David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #20 - Theme and Variations on "Bury Me Beneath"" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #20 - Theme and Variations on "Bury Me Beneath"" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #20 - Theme and Variations on "Bury Me Beneath"" to Google

Comments

That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting.
    ah, excellent as usual!

thanks so much for these monday tunes-makes looking forward to mondays a lot.

d
    Awesome! That minor variation is wild and I love the chord melody at the end. Thanks so much for these, David. We really do look forward Mondays!
    wow! another great one! Thanks for posting these....
    Hear, hear and the transcription is great too - there are years of work for me in that one.
    Very tasty!