View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #32 - Night and Day

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
For a very special Mandolin Monday, I had the great jazz mandolinist Don Stiernberg help me out with an impromptu duo jam on this Cole Porter classic, "Night and Day." We both happened to be at the Swannanoa Gathering in NC, this past week, and Don was incredibly kind to reprise this tune from his amazing record Swing 220. Don is a huge inspiration--his fearless playing and expansive imagination is always so fresh. And his gorgeous two point Nugget mandolin is pretty incomparable too! Thanks Donnie!

Thanks so much for watching! If you liked the video, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with your friends on social media. Also, I don't have the tab this week, but if you'd like to learn Don's sweet chord melody you should get in touch with him for Skype lessons here: http://www.donstiernberg.com/contact.shtml Don is such a great teacher!

Happy Picking!

David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #32 - Night and Day" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #32 - Night and Day" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #32 - Night and Day" to Google

Comments

What a special treat! Love Mandolin Mondays!
    Wonderful. Taylor Swift to this - you're a versatile man. Keep them coming!
    excellent as usual,
    the sound of your Flatiron gives up nothing.

d