View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #34 - "Indiana Firefly"

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
This year I've been working on a transcription book for John Reischman which includes tab and notation for all of his tunes and solos from his incredible record, Up in the Woods. This summer we met up at the Swannanoa Gathering, and he was kind enough to record one of the record tunes with me, and offer a free sneak peek at the tab/notation for this tune to anyone who wants it--in anticipation of the full book to be released later this fall. It was such a privilege to get to play alongside what most people claim to be the best Lloyd Loar mandolin in existence, but even more so to play alongside the guy who makes it sound so good. Thanks John!

Thanks so much for watching! If you liked the video, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with your friends on social media. Also, I have the tab/notation for the melody and for John's solo from the video. We'd love to connect with you and send you a free copy. Just contact me through my website: http://davidbenedictmusic.com/contact/ And be on the lookout for the full transcription book later this year!

Happy Picking!

David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #34 - "Indiana Firefly"" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #34 - "Indiana Firefly"" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #34 - "Indiana Firefly"" to Google

Comments

Thanks for another wonderful submission David!
    Nice. I shared it on Reddit's Mandolin forum. I hope it gets noticed there.
    Splendid! Thank you for this video.
    Wow, really beautiful. Thanks for posting all these great videos. Can't wait till the transcription book comes out. Be sure to let us know on the Café.