The Mandolin Restaurant- Missoula, MT

1. Dan Cole
    Dan Cole
    I was just in Missoula, MT for a football game this weekend. Our friends took us to a new restaurant called "The Mandolin". So I get chatting it up with the hostess and she says they are going to try and have mandolin players come in and jam on Tuesdays. I told her she should contact Greg Boyd's there since he probably knows lot of local mando players.

So if your a mandolin player, in or around Missoula, Montana, check out "the Mandolin" on Main. Its located at the very back of the Union Hall. The food was good, reasonable prices and bring your axe just incase a jam breaks out.

No financial interst on my part, but places to jam with good food are few and far between. Wish it was closer than 5 hours!

Cheers

Dan
    Billings, MT
  2. stringduster
    stringduster
    Dan, thanks for that information. I live just South and a lot of what's happening in Mizzou gets past me. I talked to Chad over at Gregs and he had wind of it but not about the possible jams on Tuesdays. Maybe his group Pinegrass will be able to gig there now that their 20 year run at the Top Hat is gone. I'll do some "rootin' round" and try to report back.
  3. John Rosett
    John Rosett
    I've been working on them about live music since they opened. I have a jazz duo/trio, and I thought that we could get a gig down there. I see that they have solved the problem by having an open mic, so they don't have to pay any musicians. Very disapointing.