Beatles Complete Scores

1. rbird
    rbird
    I found this on sale at Wal Mart for $48. Thought I'd pass it on. Anybody seen or used this?

A fitting tribute to possibly the greatest pop band ever - The Beatles. This outstanding hard-cover edition features over 1100 pages with full scores and lyrics to all 210 titles recorded by The Beatles. Guitar and bass parts are in both standard notation and tablature. Also includes a full discography.
  2. billkilpatrick
    sounds fabulous - are the songs in the original keys?
  3. rbird
    rbird
    I read a few reviews that some said they weren't completely true to every lick, but the vast majority said It was closer than anything else printed so far.
    It's on my wishlist this year.
  4. billkilpatrick
    here's the book - available on line:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...duct_id=332970
  5. Rick Schmidlin
    Rick Schmidlin
    I have it and I supised to learn Blackbird from it.It is a treasue
  6. rbird
    rbird
    I saw a copy at my local music shop ans was disappointed at the size. My old eyes can't see the 3/4 size music sheets too well. I did see next to it a Hal Leonard complete Beatles set with 2 full size paperback books in a cardboard case for $65 I believe I'll save a couple more dollars up and get that version instead. Here's a link to it.
  7. rbird
    rbird
    My wife listened to my hints and got me the Hal Leonard complete Beatles. Love it, I've spent a few hours on it and all seems correct to me so far. I don't know about correct keys without playing some tunes which I intend to do and will report. Something I did find already, knowing a lot of these songs by heart, I can mostly play the melody without a tab to rely on. This could be a big help in breaking my tab dependence.
  8. Baboon
    Baboon
    I need a magnifying glass to read it.
  9. dwilken
    dwilken
    i've had that book for some time. lists 1st guita, second guitar etc... the real musicians i've lent it too said it's damn close to spot on. i've never really used it, i'm ashamed to say. i do remember that the printing is really small.
  10. Eddie Sheehy
    It's on its way to me...
  11. richieb
    richieb
    Bought the book. The very next day I went out and bought a magnifying glass to read it. So yes the print is a bit small, especially for all of us original beatle fans, who are getting on a bit. Otherwise, it's very well done. All the songs that I've encountered are in the original keys, and I'm quite sure all the others are as well.

Having said all that, next time I personally would go with the larger print books, if they are accurate.
  12. billkilpatrick
    "... will you still read me, will you still see me when i'm sixty-four?"