Take Me Home

1. DummyMan
    DummyMan

This is an original song I wrote last week. I've only been playing seriously for about 6 months and while I've written lots of lyrics in the past this is the first song I've actually written start to finish, music and all.

I've been getting up for the last six weeks or so at a local singer/songwriter night, just doing three different songs I've learned each time. Things like "Finnegan's Wake," "Mo Ghile Mar," and "Scots Wha Hae." A couple of weeks ago there was a girl at the corner of the bar, right at the front of the stage who was without a doubt the Drunkest Girl in Tennessee, and way out in front of the girl in second place. She was my Gin-soaked muse for this song. I was drinking my usual drink, Diet Coke, and she graciously bought me a free refill.

I'm playing my Dragonfly Octave Mandolin by Celtic Star in Germany. I love it. It sounds even better amplified through the built in pick up.

I hope you enjoy it.

Stephen
  2. billkilpatrick
    that was great, stephen ... a proper sing-along drinking song - bravo! you've got a great voice as well.