1. mandoman56
    mandoman56
    Hello Jaw ....strength in numbers eh! .... acquired my A-33 last Sept. and love it !
  2. Seeyououtthere
    Seeyououtthere
    My F-33 is a real Hoss. It was an absolute steal for the price!
  3. mandoman56
    mandoman56
    I would agree with you re $ value .....up here in Canada A = 2500 , F = 4000 .... play on !
  4. charvolino
    charvolino
    I am a beginning mandolinist, and I have heard wonderful things about the Larivee mandos from a local dealer that loves their sound. Can you tell me what you like about the mandolins Larivee sells? I am interested in how they compare with other good mandos regarding: tone, fret intonation, volume/ability to project, general quality of sound, and workmanship. I think I would favor an A model as it would likely have similar acoustics less expensively than the F model. Also, are they hand-made start to finish or are there some automated steps in the process? Thanks.
  5. Pookie
    Pookie
    i own an F33. Love it. My most prized personal possession.
  6. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    I've owned my A-33 since May 2009. When I bought it, I tried out five or six mandolins in the equivalent price range, and it was clearly the best. Just this week I played a couple of Collings mandolins (one A, one F) which cost more, and I still prefer my Larrivee.
  7. vates
    vates
    Just got me an A-33. I'm very excited!