By way of introduction....

1. Joe-TN
    Joe-TN
    I'm a long time guitar and mandolin owner, sometime player. Began learning to play mandolin about two years ago mainly because my bride began fiddle lessons and I wanted to follow along on the fiddle tunes. I've since applied the mandolin muscles to fiddle, and I'm about equally inept on both instruments.

If the weather holds out we'll probably try to make it to Townsend tomorrow for at least a while...maybe we'll see some of you there!
  2. Randy Wykoff
    Randy Wykoff
    Greetings. I moved to upper east Tennessee about three years ago, and haven't really plugged into the local music scene. I would appreciate learning about festivals and performances in our area. Best wishes,

Randy
  3. Hytest Mando
    Hytest Mando
    Hello Joe and Randy. I've been surfing the Mando Cafe site for about 4 months. I been attempting to play the guitar for years and started the mandolin about six months ago and I am loving it. Myself a banjo/fidddle player and a guitar player have been getting together at Farragut Park on Capmbell Station Road in Knoxville on Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. I don't know where the people in our social group are located but you all are invited.
  4. Randy Wykoff
    Randy Wykoff
    I live in Johnson City. Unfortunately, about 100 miles from Knoxville. We all qualify as "east Tennessee" but are probably too far apart of share the same performance venues.
  5. Joe-TN
    Joe-TN
    Mike,

I think I've driven by the entrance to the park...is that across from Herron Road on N. Campbell Station (just south of Parkside Drive/N. Campbell Station intersection)? Where in the park do you all meet up?

Joe
  6. Hytest Mando
    Hytest Mando
    Farragut Park is next to the Knox County Library on Campbell Station Road. They have two pavillions there and we use which ever one is not occupied. We have been getting together about three weeks now. We are just having fun singing, picking and learning new songs. We met on Craigs List and are trying to get more to join us, it's real laid back. We are hoping some pickers may see us as they drive by and join us. I would hope that you would join us I been looking for someone to pick mandolin with.

Mike
  7. Joe-TN
    Joe-TN
    Mike,

Thank you for the information and the invitation. Maybe I can make it sometime soon.

Joe
  8. Dock
    Dock
    Hey Randy,
    I live in JC also and if you would like to ever get a group together to jam send me a message! I know a few folks who play and I am sure with our resources combined we can work something out.
  9. tin ben dur
    tin ben dur
    New guy here. I am still after many years trying to learn how to pick. I currently have a 07 KM 1000 and would love to meet some folks and learn this thing.
  10. Goodin
    Goodin
    I'm new to the east TN social. I live in Knoxville and play in a traditional Irish band called Four Leaf Peat. We play annually at the Laurel Theater in the Fall and the Square Room on St. Patrick's Day. We also play other festivals, churches, parties, etc. throughout the year. I frequent the Irish session which is now at the Downtown Grill and Brewery every 2nd and 4th wed. and have started attending the Old Time jam at the Time Warp Tea Room every 1st and 3rd wed. There is also a great Irish session in Oak Ridge at the Buffalo Grill every 1st and 3rd mondays. Hope to meet some of you folks out!