A700

1. Kelly Mc
    Kelly Mc
    Beautiful A700!! What year is it!
  2. REO-11100
    REO-11100
  3. AnnZ
    AnnZ
    I'd like to join up with the Alvarez mandolin group. I sent a email a couple of days ago, but I'm new on this forum so I'm not sure if it made it through. I have what I think is an A800 (1980ish?). It's got the scroll, fancy frets and lots of abalone squiggles around the double A headstock. We got it in a trade back in 1987. I really love my Alvarez, but recently was insulted again when I took it in for some bridge work. We don't have a lot of music stores here so only one can actually work on mandolins, but they're a bit snobby about my Alvarez. Personally I think it plays easy and is loud enough to be heard on stage. It's tone is no better or worse than other mandolins I've played. Have y'all encountered people being rude about your Alvarez mandolins? Both guys at the music store called mine a junk Japanese mandolin, then tried to sell me another new Japanese mando. Seriously?

AnnZ
  4. AnnZ
    AnnZ
    I'd like to join up with the Alvarez mandolin group. I sent a email a couple of days ago, but I'm new on this forum so I'm not sure if it made it through. I have what I think is an A800 (1980ish?). It's got the scroll, fancy frets and lots of abalone squiggles around the double A headstock. We got it in a trade back in 1987. I really love my Alvarez, but recently was insulted again when I took it in for some bridge work. We don't have a lot of music stores here so only one can actually work on mandolins, but they're a bit snobby about my Alvarez. Personally I think it plays easy and is loud enough to be heard on stage. It's tone is no better or worse than other mandolins I've played. Have y'all encountered people being rude about your Alvarez mandolins? Both guys at the music store called mine a junk Japanese mandolin, then tried to sell me another new Japanese mando. Seriously?

AnnZ