Compensated saddles for Fender electric "Mandocaster"

1. Dan Margolis
    Dan Margolis
    Here is a post that I wrote under the Fender electric mandolin thread:

When my outer strings are perfect, the inner two are out. I've been thinking about angled saddles. Old fashioned Tele bridges have three saddles for six strings, as Mandocasters have two saddles for four strings. Years ago Tele players would bend the screws to angle the saddles and intonate the guitar. I did it. Then companies started machining compensated saddles. Somebody could do this for Mandocasters, if they were motivated. It's non-invasive, it would be fairly cheap. Callaham sells beautiful Tele saddles (set of three) in brass for $37, in stainless steel for $45. Due to the smaller market, they could sell two-piece mandolin sets for the same money. I'd pay $40 to have my M-caster play in tune! I emailed Callaham suggesting they make some, maybe if you own a mandocaster and are interested, you could also let them know: callaham@callahamguitars.com

If they don't want to, maybe some other company will, or perhaps a mando enthusiast with a machine shop could do it. Could anybody else with a Mandocaster weigh in here? Dan
  2. Dan Margolis
    Dan Margolis
    Here is a link to my post about my new compensated saddles for my vintage Fender mandolin. If you own one of these, you need to take a look!

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...andolins/page2